SAU Community

Speakers For The V35

Hi there,

I have done a bit of searching but still thought that I would post here. I have a non premium 2004 Skyline & wanted to swap out the factory non- Bose speakers for something better. Am I right to presume that the speaker sizes for the non premium & the premium are the same? Front are 6.5" & rear 5.25" according to what I read on here. Correct me if I am wrong.

I have an Alpine head unit an new model a ICS-X8 I don't know a great deal about speakers in cars but I have been pointed towards the X series Alpine speakers. Can anyone advise if these are good or if I should look at something better? I know that it comes down to budget. I usually just buy the best but I am not that into car audio that I want to go nuts.

I would also like to know where is a good place to purchase in Adelaide & also to get them fitted. Are they hard to install? I am not that handy but if there is someone that can be recommend then that would be appreciated.

I had the rears installed as well and I believe there are 6.5 inches, but I can't confirm that to be 100% sure.

What kind of setup are you going for and of course in every question what is your budget?

• 5 months later...

Hey Bud,

I had a 350Gt and now have upgraded to a 370Gt and now have all these parts left.

I replaced the front speakers with alpine type R, which are top of the line speaker for Alpine, sounded awesome on the stock unit clear and bassy. It was only in my car for 8months then I decided to upgrade. RRP was 370 i think

if your interested on them they are in a box, close to brand new and I have the speaker MDF wooden spacers aswell.

I also have a Sway bar, Injen CIA, Motordyne plenum spacer, Black out side indicators, if your interested PM me?

Will post up pics on the parts soon

Cheers,

Jose