SAU Community

Problem with R34 Climate control Display unit

Hi there Guys,

I have a GTT R34 skyline and im having problems with the climate control buttons.

A couple of weeks ago i had a friend help me install a head unit and they tried to remove the climate control unit after discovering that we didnt need to, i noticed that at night when i put the head light on the lights behind the buttons for Fan up, Down, AC, etc did not get lit. The only ones that worked was the air ventilation buttons. THe unit works when i press it its just i cant see the buttons at night!

If any of you can help me out id be much appreciated :thankyou:

Maybe one of the wires got damaged during the install....?

First thing I would do is to disconnect / reconnect the 2 wiring loom plugs at the back of the Climate Control unit and try again.

If it still doesnt fix it, maybe the little "dash lights" are blown or were shorted out during the install...? You can buy these globes from nissan I believe. They are a screw type bulb and very small. Maybe your friend pinched them?

Last thing you could try [or first if you can be bothered] is an ECU reset, 1 thing I notice after resetting the ECU is that on first switch ON - key turned to ON position, the Climate Control runs through a self-diagnosis test, this may or may not help but worth a shot.

To reset the ecu, leave your car battery disconnected for a day...if you want more info on ecu resets do a search on this forum.