SAU Community

Importing/purchasing Stagea 260Rs

Traditional

Hello all! As you have seen by the title I'm looking at getting a 260RS within the next couple of weeks.

I'm looking for one with reasonable Km's which is reasonably clean for it's age. There's one on J-Spec that I'm looking at which is roughly $16500~ + Stamp Duty and Rego, only thing is it'll take 3 months to get here which I'm willing to wait.

There's a few others floating around, there's one coming into Edward Lee's in about a week and will be ready for purchase in 3ish weeks (I'm in QLD though). It has less Kms at 75,000, though the presentation and pictures they've provided me hasn't sold me.. The damage on the front bumper is concerning me, and I can't exactly go and "take a look" at it, being in another state, they have it listed for $20,888

Should I wait it out till they recieve/clean it and get some updated pictures? Or go and order the one through J-Spec? Even though it's only about $4k difference, the damage is concerning, though it has good KMS (obviously don't know how either of them are mechanically.

Any advise when looking for something like this?

Thanks, Callum.

• Like 1

Don't go for one with existing damage (that concerns you) - i.e. not a scrape here and there.

and if you can afford to import one then do it! It's not that easy to find a well priced 260RS in australia already that suits all your criteria, i know that feeling. I reckon it's a much better feeling getting a fresh vehicle (second hand)!

Yeah man! That's why I'm liking the one on J-Spec, well presented, reasonable KM's, looks immaculate.

Best thing I love is so much room for potential, already have some plans but it's a fair ways off yet. And importing would kill me, that wait!

What do they sell for in Japan now? They still seem to fetch a fair asking price over here, 20k for a car of that vintage is quite amazing!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Yeah there's always a factor of likening the imported one's. I think its quite natural, A person likes the things that are out of his country. But sometimes there are also several factors involved like quality, Rates, Models etc. These factors matters a lot.

• 4 weeks later...