SAU Community

Timing Belt.

Prakesh

Man whats with the "ring nissan"?? Half the nissan dealers dont even deal with import parts u fool!!!!

like are u serious?

if you feel that strongly about ringing nissan then go do it yourself man but we have some decent people here who are willing to share their knowledge and experience regarding our cars!!

If you diont like the thread then dont bother posting!

its so simple......!

Guest RedLineGTR

Guy, guys relax abit :) i dont want to close or remove thread because people are helping just posting shit.

Any other questions that need to be answered???

yeh, ive been looking around at how much this will cost, and one place is offering a timming belt change with all genuine nissan parts, oil change, oil filter change, ngk platnim plugs and...i think thats it, all for around the $700 mark.does this seem a little steep or is that the going rate, also y the spark plug change? andoil and stuff, cant they just do the belt and charge me for the labour...lol, wats the belt cost like $100 or sumthin?

well, your wrong. most nissan dealerships stock parts for imports now, they have realised the market. and i dont know where else to get a genuine belt. so ring nissan for the latest price on a genuine cam belt. lol.

genuine gt-r cam belt = $90

idler, use nissan genuine only = $250+

tensioner, use an RB30 one = $90

install, labour for mechanic around 3 hours = $130

enough for ya?