SAU Community

Screen Goes Black After 20Secs.

Hey Guys,

In my v36 whenever I'm not using the stereo the screen will go black with just the time in the right hand corner. Is there a way it should stay on the FM screen or disc screen.? Also every minute or so there's a beep through the stereo.

Thanks.

You have turned the sleep screen mode on (usually a good thing if you driving long distances at night time)...the beep i have no idea...

The beep, is your Sat Nav recalculating, your Route as it thinks its trying to get you to a destination. I found this out the other day.

Sleep mode i've switched on too today, without realizing exactly how, one good thing is now though it doesn't switch back to the SAT NAV map every time I use the hands free phone. try looking at my diagnostic post today and reset your SAT Nav stuff...

Or download this app camDictionary if you have an iPhone and try and find the sleep mode setting in the menu, to get rid of the beep you need to clear the Sat Nav route.

I'm maybe going to try just pulling out the GPS sensor, as when I pulled the TV Unit out the boot, when I pres Aux/TV I now only get Aux channel not TV1/TV2 which is a bit cleaner/better as TV tuner is useless over here. I was thinking if you did the same with the GPS it may disable Sat Nav too...

OK In the old saying of 'Give a man a fish.... he'll feed himself for a day.... Teach a man to fish... ' To translate any menu, and have an iphone, download the app camDictionary. GO to the camera screen and Take a photo of any screen you want to transalte (easier at night), wait for it to focus and tap the camera icon, a pause will overlay the screen for a second. From here click and drag your finger over the text you want to translate, a little magnifier will pop up and a red line across the text you want to translate.

So using this app, i've added some screen shots of what to do to clear your auto screen off.

1. Press Settings

post-86177-0-07864800-1370573667_thumb.jpg

2. Select the menu item Image Quality - Screen Off

post-86177-0-90596700-1370573671_thumb.png

3. Select Screen Off

post-86177-0-16246700-1370573677_thumb.png

You will have now disabled the automatic screen off and it will switch back to lovely pictures of Japanese Maps... or Stay on the radio or display screen.

I did the same thing on the weekend and only figured this out, over lunch today playing with my new app.

Makes things so much easier when you can just point and read the damn menus on your phone, without having to dig up the damn manuals all the time...