SAU Community

Alternator / Engine whine thru amps ???

B-Man

OK, you may have been monitoring my progress of the stereo install - Well, I got it all done today , put it all back to gether and guess what - Wild engine/alternator noise.

Anyone recomend some power filters ???

Setup : 2 amps in the back - power and audio lines seperated, etc etc (I think I have done all the right things).

OH, and BTW, yes I seperated the audio and power lines down alternate sides of the car.

Yeah i had the same problem. Are the amps grounded to the same place as the battery? Mine were and then I changed the grounding and the engine noise went away. I think the noise has something to do with the battery cycle, so try changing the grounding. Good Luck

G

hmmmmmm that sounds wierd brendan

if i was there i'd have a look at it for ya... its probly something silly like an uninsulated join or sumthing between your headunit

Fixed the alternator noise by moving the Rear RCAs from the sub amp first to the main amp first - Used spliters to attach main amp to sub amp. (my HU didn't have a sub out rca - bummer, just front & rear)

Everything is PUMPIN now !!

Cheers,

• 3 weeks later...
Guest GR33DyMANGO

i had that problem once.

just make sure that u ground your amp AND deck properly.

u can also buy a little box (dont know what its called) between the deck and amp av cord which eliminates that engine noise. think it might be called a noise supressor?