SAU Community

Group buy: 7000/8000K HID headlight kits

tangcla

I have a source who can get me some HID headlight kits from Korea, direct from the manufacturer. They are branded Xelux.

The kit components are made by Hella in Germany, but assembled in Korea. Not made in China!

The ballast has a ONE YEAR WARRANTY. The supplier assures me that he doubts you wouldever need to claim because he has supplied many kits to Hong Kong, Thailand, SIngapore, Malaysia and Indonesia already, and till today, touch wood... nothing come back...)

BULBS:

7000K and 8000K are available.

TYPES:

All types - H1, H3, HB3, H4, HB4, H7, D2R, D2S...

PRICE:

All sizes EXCEPT H4: $590 including tax and shipping (7000K globes)

H4 high/lowbeam, Xelux brand (Korean, with German ballast): $700 including tax and shipping (7000K)

H4 high/lowbeam, HELLA brand (USA, with German componentry): $820 including tax and shipping (7000K)

hid-1.jpg

hid-2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Tangcla: Not trying to rain on your parade, but people should be aware that at least in NSW, it is illegal to retrofit Xenon without an engineers certificate. Furthermore, a requirement of the engineers certificate is that the lights have a self-washing function, which AFAIK no Skyline has from the factory, so you will need to modify your car. The legislation in other states may vary: check with your road authority.

MRPREZ: 8000k is a waste. Anything over 4300/5000 is a waste: you trade power/brightness (lumens) for colour. I suggest you (and other interested in HID) have a read here:

http://faq.auto.light.tripod.com

Lucien.

Hey Lucien, fanncy meeting you here :D

These kits aren't retrofitted projector kits, these are replacement bulbs, with the same bases/connectors as your existing globes, with a ballast. The headlight assembly doesn't change at all.

I spoke to an engineer in Melbourne in the past, he said that you don't really need the spray washers in Australia, because they were designed for countries that have severe weather conditions ie. snow (USA and Europe). Also, if your headlights have angle/tilt adjustments, you wouldn't need self-levelling kits, according to him.

My kit is 7500K; they are DAMN BRIGHT compared to any halogen globe available. It's something like 1100 lumens for a halogen globe compared to 3200 lumens of the HID. And it runs cooler and requires less power compared to its halogen counterparts... ;)

tangcla: small world, eh.

Well from my understanding of the law, it doesn't matter if the projector housing is the same, and you will need the washing function if you don't have tilt auto-adjustment. If you can find an engineer who will disregard these things, then lucky you ;) Again, I am just making sure people are alert to these problems as Skyline are a big enough target with the cops and they could make life difficult.

Anyway, I have said enough. On with the selling :D

LW.

tangcla: small world, eh.  

Well from my understanding of the law, it doesn't matter if the projector housing is the same, and you will need the washing function if you don't have tilt auto-adjustment. If you can find an engineer who will disregard these things, then lucky you :D Again, I am just making sure people are alert to these problems as Skyline are a big enough target with the cops and they could make life difficult.

Anyway, I have said enough. On with the selling :)

LW.

yeah. You've seen my car, it's a big enough attention seeker, so methinks I might get everything engineered in one go as well ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Just wanted to see them fitted on yours, how the wiring is and where the ballast sits?

I'm just thinking of how they will sit with wiring and ballast and if it will attract defects.

I haven't got a pic of my engine bay; the ballast is bolted to the strut tower on my car. The wiring plugs straight into your existing headlight globe socket, and then out. Very very simple. :)

• 3 weeks later...