SAU Community

Suggestions For A R33 Exhaust

I have a stock R33 Gtst and I have been shopping around to see what type of exhaust I should get.

It seems every where I go I get given different advice.

it is starting to get confusing.

Drift King tell me they recommend a mild steel exhaust HPC coated.

others tell me stainless is best.

then there is those that tell me a single pipe for the dump pipe and others that tell me to get a double dump pipe with a seperate pipe for the waste gate gases.

Some tell me that the stainless systems sound to tinny!

Can any one help me ?

what seems to work the best?

any one know a good place in Brisbane ?

any help would be appreciated.

thanks.

get a custom job, mine works like a dream, it really purrs and is a loud exhaust at all.

get something like a 4inch dump into a 3.5inch pipe then shortening into a 3inch (or can u get 3.5inch cats???) high flow cat then 3.5inch pipe all the rest of the way

just my suggestion anyway...

double dump pipe with a seperate pipe for the waste gate gases.

high flow cat

3 in exhaust. mild steel with HPC coated.

stainless are stronger, so are allow to using thinner pipe, hence lighter. But then most of them are shit so mild steel are always money for value.

Yeh I've been looking for an exhaust too, particularly the split dump pipe. Had trouble finding one cheaply, but I don't think it'll make that much different if you're keeping stock turbo (like I am). So I just settled for a standard dump/front pipe in one (no split)...check the forsale forums for BATMBL's thread.

• 1 month later...

A mate of mine has custom made allot of exhaust systems and we have found the best way to go is a full stainless with a split dump pipe wastegate merging apout a foot down, a single 3' straight through muffler (marathon) with a cannon on the end. sounds great and doesn't drone.

Stainless is great it'll never rust out other wise there are some fairly good titanium or stainless systems around available off the shelf.

Nozila I bought a stainless pipe, and at the moment it's sitting in my room because I want to purchase the rest of the exhaust (cat-back system) before I install it.

But if I had the chance I'd probably buy the mild steel version instead. Cost, as well as I can't really see the pipe rusting anytime soon (although I have no conclusive evidence to back that up, just my feelings).