SAU Community

Defected by a defect!!!

Irish

Coming back from a family reunion in Griffith NSW, I managed to get defected. This has got to be a record as I was probably 500+ km from the nearest city. When I overtook a police 4WD doing 80kmph (in a 100 zone), I was pulled over and the car was fully inspected. I had 1000km old Yoki's on and they told me that they were bald. When I told them that they were 1000km old they re-checked them and they were magically ok. They ended up giving me a defect for my aftermarket pedals (sharp edges.......WANK!) and my bucket seat (because it didn't display an Aust standard sticker). The funny thing is that there are probably 50 other things on the car that are a legitimate defect. Oh well, more wasted weekends reverting the car to standard and then refitting it again. Such is life. I am a guy from Brisbane living in Adelaide. I have a NT licence and my GTiR is registered in Victoria. I was pulled over by a NSW copper while I was driving in Victoria. Can anyone beat that???

Yeah Erica, 7 years of undetected crime in the R. If I was being a dick and they caught me and defected it I wouldn't be so pissed off. Booked into regency for next friday so it looks like Mallala is not going to happen this weekend for me.

finally the run comes to an end. Million dollar question though, if the car is on defect in NSW, if you cross into SA (and seeing as the car is not SA reg) would the car still be on defect.

Each state has its own road traffic act, do the laws apply across states? Would be worth looking into?

Good luck mate.

thats what i was thinking, if a car is defected in NSW, then how can regency take off the defect since the rules and regulations differ by a bit in each state? its all bs... seems they make up the rules as they like ... why won't they give us black and white answers to the regulations??? does any politician know about this??

I don't know exactly how it works but the guy who gave it to me looked like he had done it before. I went to Pt Adelaide police station and they said that they can remove the defect but I ended up with a appointment in Regency anyway. I spent the weekend putting back the stock sus, afm, airbox, seats and removing the pillar mount gauges and it almost makes me cry to see a GTiR with enough room underneath to get under the car without a jack. On the good side though, I may just leave the stock sus on long enough to do the next Khanacross. If I can't win my class with a modded GTiR then I can't win anything.

C'mon Irish, you're not trying hard enough! I'm sure you could get the remaining states and territories involved. Perhaps you could have the defect cleared in WA, an engineering cert done in the ACT and then get the Tassie police to double check everything. Maybe even contact NZ and see what they think. :D

Good luck with Regency dude. Maybe wear your uniform, it might help... being the fine upstanding sailor that you are - see if you can get an inspector that looks the most likely to watch QEFASG with the emphasis on the Q :D

C'mon Irish, you're not trying hard enough! I'm sure you could get the remaining states and territories involved. Perhaps you could have the defect cleared in WA, an engineering cert done in the ACT and then get the Tassie police to double check everything. Maybe even contact NZ and see what they think. :D  

Good luck with Regency dude. Maybe wear your uniform, it might help... being the fine upstanding sailor that you are - see if you can get an inspector that looks the most likely to watch QEFASG with the emphasis on the Q :D

LMFAO :D

btw Matt....dyno hog :D...j/k Joel tells me the Nittos are like fly paper? :)

Is it QEF'A'SG or QEF'T'SG? I might've stuffed that one up :)

Yeah the Nittos sure get sticky after 1hrs worth of roller time. Stuff wearing them out doing warm up burnouts at the drag strip, just take the rollers out there!

So has it hit the streets yet mate?

lol...shaun stuck it on the dyno....after waiting for you :P...and had to pull out heaps of fuel from the AP engineering base map. Then the rb20 AFM was hitting 2v at 1300rpm...(Joel tells me a rb25 hit 1 - 1.5 v then normally)..sooo on went the Q45 afm, and speaking to Shaun i told him i had bigger injectors and pump....now i gotta drop em off to him to fit, then the tune can be finished for the pita run in bit :rofl:

maybe this weekend if Shaun is feeling up to it :D

What is the go with the Q45 AFM???? Unless you are making +650hp you will be loosing resolution for no real gain. It would be considered detrimental to your tune to use half your AFM's resolution to do a full power tune.

Yeah hippy, they can defect you for anything. The defect is not the copper telling you that it is illegal, just him saying that he is unsure that it is legal and wants an "expert" to check it. They can defect you because they think your tail lights are not red enough and you will have to present your car for inspection so there is not much hope for any course of complaint. I guess the moral of the story is DON'T GET NOTICED in the first place!

BL4CK32, you must be expecting some serious hp mate. I look forward to showing you my stoplights one day ;-)