SAU Community

Initial D Movie

Sigh. There was nothing wrong with the translation in the way most people would've done it. When they were talking about boring it out from 1.6 to 1.8, that was correct. The problem was when he said "V6", the translator accidentally took into account that a Japanese person was saying that. What Toru was saying was actually "B6" which is the engine code for the Miata. Unfortunately, because Japos don't say V really well, when they usually try, they end up saying B instead. Probably not paying any attention or knowing what the guy was talking about, the translator mistook that for V6, since that is a fairly common term used when dealing with cars. So it's not really the translator's fault, and this could have only been properly translated by someone that knew the engine code for the Miata. In any case, this is my first post, and I joined the forum to correct this mistake.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah japs find it hard to say some some of our words eg .. a friend of mine who was teaching in japan was teaching little kids ... they were singing some kiddy song ... everybady clapping clapping etc ... he said everyone including the japanese translator there was saying ... everybody crapping crapping ... LOL .. they just can't say it ... he just laughed ...

• 3 weeks later...

Keep watching http://www.ide-fansubs.net, in my opinion they have the best quality of the 4th stage episodes.

I do have a torrent file for episodes 5 and 6 at home, but they arn't in the best of quality and the subbing is way below average. but you can still follow it.

If you want it to I can PM it to you when I get home tonight.

• 4 weeks later...

as some of you may know I'm the proud owner of a aussie built AE86. Soon to be gutted n restored (bought original trueno seats for $150 for the pair :wave: and the back seat was $100). Currently trying to source a 4AGZE engine. Next will be modifying the suspension setup, for a bit of amature dori dori... then getting the trueno nose and maybe fibreglass/CF bonnet (failing that straight fibreglass bonnet). Then I'll try to get it to look as close as possible to the AE86 in Initial D :wave: I'll probably sell it as a replica or weekend drifeter.