SAU Community

Exhaust

stagi-r

i figured coz the stagea is new i might as well be the first to get a custom made exhaust. it was done by my local performance exhaust shop, southport exhaust, and starts with stock manifold, a custom dump pipe (r33 doesn't fit coz of something) then mild steel 3in, hi flow cat and zetti muffler. All up, $1,000 bucks. immediately you notice the increase in torque and top end power and sounds awesome as well. :headspin:

a custom dump pipe (r33 doesn't fit coz of something)

Oooops, It thought they were the same. The Blitz catalogue lists the same engine pipe part number for R33 GTST and WGN34 Stagea.

Blitz Front Pipe ECR33 Stegia WGNC34

¥15,360.00

img058.gif

Care to check with your exhaust guy and find out what exactly was different. It would be a great help :D

Hahaha, funny how I come home and the first thread I read is this one seems I JUST picked the Stagea up from the exhaust shop !!

Just got done a turbo back 3 inch system. Custom one piece dump/front pipe, high flow cat, resonator then into a 3 inch muffler. All up it was $900 (but I supplied the cat).

They did a very nice job of it. Very tidy welds, all sits nice and snug under the car (no problems with clearance), all the mandrel bends are perfect etc.. Very happy with it.

I haven't had a chance to give it a good test yet - too much traffic around, but I'll take her out later tonight.

I've got the whole exhaust system here at home, as well as a stock R33 GTS-t dump and front pipe, so I'll be able to assemble the two and do a direct comparison of them...

I did notice that on the Nissan Fast part program, the part numbers for the Stagea front and dump pipe are the same as the R33 GTS-t dump and front pipe !!

And I just remembered that I was going to take some pics of the exhaust while it was up on the hoist.... And damn it, I forgot.... Sorry...

J

I have bought a s/s cat back Apexi N1 exhaust system for my Stagea when it arrives. Will that be enough on the exhaust side of things? I read somewhere (think it was a Zoom mag) that the cats on these cars aren't that restrictive. Is this true? Should I buy a high flow cat? What else do I need?

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys i was wondering is there enough room under the stagea to run twin 3" to the rear either together or one each side, crossing over under the tailshaft or something????

i would like a complete twin 3" system (one from each turbo all the way to twin exhuast at the rear bumper)

could i fit 2 mufflers on each pipe??? and 1 cat on each??? :confused:

prolly wont fit but just asking before i purchase a stagea :jump:

i want it to be very queit and not be excessivly loud like the engine is in the vl atm with a hotdog muffler and another rear resonator, deafening is the word :uhh:

cya guys

Brad

I drove an R32 GTR that had a twin 2.5 inch exhaust from the turbo back, including twin cats. It had a twin inlet/outlet resonator under the passengers floor and a twin inlet/outlet muffler at the rear. It was quiet, but had a purposeful note.