SAU Community

Help required if you know a bit about RB20 mechs

Mr Eps

i just remembered lastnight why i actually signed up to this board, i kept meaning to ask this but i have the attention span of an A.D.D 6yo. and keep forgetting,

so anyway, before i forget again,

my power steering hoses (both front and hicas) are ruptured and split as my car is 15 turning sweet 16 and wasn't driven much (kept in garage) in Nippon,

according to Pirtek they want $300 to "fabricate" me a new hose and they will only fabricate it if i take my car to their shisty-f@ck-kickback mechainc next door, who wanted $400 to put my car on a hoist and change the hose (yeah... right)

is there an easy way out to this or do i have to pinch someone else's engine? has anyone else gone through with it? i know it's a bitch of a job.,... but it couldn't be worth $700...

cheers fellurs

have u thought about getting second hand hoses? from a wrecked 32?? surely it would be a lot cheaper than 300 for new ones... or even ordering them thru nissan?

installation would be a shit of a job but im sure if u got a 25 dorra pair of stands or ramps u could do it urself.