SAU Community

Help required if you know a bit about RB20 mechs

Mr Eps

i just remembered lastnight why i actually signed up to this board, i kept meaning to ask this but i have the attention span of an A.D.D 6yo. and keep forgetting,

so anyway, before i forget again,

my power steering hoses (both front and hicas) are ruptured and split as my car is 15 turning sweet 16 and wasn't driven much (kept in garage) in Nippon,

according to Pirtek they want $300 to "fabricate" me a new hose and they will only fabricate it if i take my car to their shisty-f@ck-kickback mechainc next door, who wanted $400 to put my car on a hoist and change the hose (yeah... right)

is there an easy way out to this or do i have to pinch someone else's engine? has anyone else gone through with it? i know it's a bitch of a job.,... but it couldn't be worth $700...

cheers fellurs

have u thought about getting second hand hoses? from a wrecked 32?? surely it would be a lot cheaper than 300 for new ones... or even ordering them thru nissan?

installation would be a shit of a job but im sure if u got a 25 dorra pair of stands or ramps u could do it urself.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Yeah, so I think that is the point. If you presume a 25% lower reading on a chassis dyno than what the engine is making, then the most you would see from a 720HP engine is ~550wHP. "Lose" a little more because AWD dyno and the number will be lower. Call a hub dyno "wheel HP" and you should see higher numbers. But the horses would be a different size. And as Murray says above - an imposed 90% DC limit drops 550 down to 500 straight away. 80% takes you down to ~450.
    • Sounds reasonable to me.  Do you know what your injector duty cycle is? I guess everyone has their own personal limit as to how high they want to flirt with 100% duty cycle, but who knows what your tuners limit is. Maybe they like to cap it at 80%? Now your injector CC to HP conversion has a 20% hair cut on it, then through drivetrain losses, yeah 500rwhp seems ok to me.  If you plan to spend on your GTR, modern injectors and a modern ECU will go a long way! 
    • @GTSBoythanks for replying. That's realistic and I always believed in the injector-hp rule of thumb. I am however making way less than that 😕 My guestimate/goal for the setup is a reliable 500rwhp, R33 gtr, seems realistic enough doesn't it?
    • 720cc injectors can only support about 720 engine HP. Maybe a little bit more. 600rwHP is, um, a plenty big chunk of that number. Probably running to the top of your fuel supply.
    • Hi gents, sincerely asking you guys the theoretical or actual power figures expected from the setup below: HKS Y pipes & 80mm cat back, Sard (denso) 720cc injectors, DW300 pump, R35 MAFs, Twin HKS 2530's (stock headers), Trust intercooler, stock BOV, stock intake plenum & TB's, N1 oil pump, MLS head gasket, forged pistons, poncam B's, Power FC, pump RON97, nismo coppermix twin plate, 18's on 265 rubber. So I've pretty much listed all that matters with regards to making and putting the power down. Asking as I may or may not be getting the full potential of my setup (bottom end was running 600rwhp on a different car). I have done numerous Dyno sessions with slightly different setups but more or less the same outcome which leads me to conclude (reluctantly) the setup is maxed out. Will share graphs but would like you to share your input first for better effect. Thanks in advance, guys!