SAU Community

Where to buy spacers?

someonestolecc

Does anyone know where to buy spacers to suit 6.5" woofers?

Preferably angled.. this needs to be probably atleast 2-3cm.

I have tried Jaycar - they only sell 6".

I have tried Strathfield - they only sell the same one branded as a 6.5" (what a ****ing waste of time).

Any suggestions puh-leeeese? I can't find a pair and been waiting for this to install my woofers, put my tweeters in and put the door trims back on and it's holding me up !!! :)

Thanks guys.

[edit: The ones I've made and had in my previous car dont have enough clearance and they are about 1cm thick so I'd rather not make them up cos then I have to go lookin for thick thick mdf - this will be a last reserve as my doors are heavy enough.]

Thanks Marty.

The jaycar ones are 6.5" external diameter. I lined them up with the spacer that comes with the woofer they didn't line up at all - the internal diameter was from memory about 3-4mm smaller than the mounting spacer that came with the speakers.. I guess now that you mention it it might have cleared them with the other spacer in there as well but the guy did say 6" only.

The strathos ones are advertised as up to 6.5" but yeah the speaker did not fit them - altho now that you mention it p'raps if I use the spacer that comes with the speaker it will fit? Hmm I must try this tommorow.

Are yours angled? - because honostly I'd rather give you my (humble) business than jaycar - those ugly ****s i dealt with can screw their resistors up their respective arses. Strathos I dislike even more.

How much would they be to my door?