SAU Community

What benefits from dyno?

Tigger

Hi everyone,

I have an auto tranny s2 r33. Has 3.5" cat back zorst, blitz pod filter, and boost is upped to 9psi via a turbosx boost controller. No other mods.

What benefits can i expect to get from a dyno run? What could be tuned to extract more power from this setup?

Thanks for your help =)

If you dont have anything to tune your car, ie. adjustable computer or SAFC then the dyno will just tell you what power you a making. Of course you could play with your boost controller to try and gety more power.

Hi everyone,

I have an auto tranny s2 r33. Has 3.5" cat back zorst, blitz pod filter, and boost is upped to 9psi via a turbosx boost controller. No other mods.  

What benefits can i expect to get from a dyno run? What could be tuned to extract more power from this setup?

Thanks for your help =)

Checking that all is well in the A/F ratio area would be my first priority. Then you could maximise the base ignition timing. That's about it.:rolleyes:

They are good for fault finding too. You might pick up an air/vacume leak while your on the dyno too.

It's a good way of checking the car under semi controlled conditions.

But if there's nothing wrong with your car, then there's not much point doing a dyno run.

J

Ok this may be a stupid question cos I don't know a lot about dyno tunning but i'll ask anyway...

When it's said you need an adjustable computer, does this include re-mapping the stock ecu? Would you need dyno tunning at the same time of the re-map?

Or do you just tell the person that is re-mapping what your mods are and that is enough?

Ok this may be a stupid question cos I don't know a lot about dyno tunning but i'll ask anyway...

When it's said you need an adjustable computer, does this include re-mapping the stock ecu? Would you need dyno tunning at the same time of the re-map?

Or do you just tell the person that is re-mapping what your mods are and that is enough?

You can buy a premapped chip, but every engine is different. So the more accurate way is to real time tune the chip on the dyno.:P

Thanks for the helpful advice =)

i think i'll wait out on the dyno run until i get some more mods :(

Tigger if you've upped your boost then dont. I also have auto tranny but more importantly i upped my boost - put it on the dyno and found out i need a new fuel pump - unfortunately the damage was already done and eventually engine went BAM.

Moral of story is its good to check air/fuel ratios etc ..... incase your fuel pump is on the way out.