SAU Community

Questions from a prospective Stagea owner

sven laptop

G'day all of you.

I drive a 93 model R33 GTST sedan which I imported a couple of years ago.

I love the car but as my family gets bigger the car seems to get smaller, so a Stagea looks like the logical alternative.

Just looking at the specs, I think I'm after a series 2 (is that what they're called) with the NEO engine.

So can I ask you guys:

• Is there a significant difference in useable power between series 1 & series 2 cars
  • Is a Stagea much slower than a GTST because of the extra weight & AWD
  • Does the AWD system run RWD until it senses a loss of grip?
  • What is fuel consumption like - I know my Skyline is a thirsty beast
  • How have you gone with servicing & parts?
  • Overall would you recommend the Stagea experience?
  • What are the best & worst things about owning/driving a Stagea?

Thanks for taking the time to read this & I hope you'll help me out.

Maybe soon I can share the joys of the Stagea with you all.

Cheers :) - Sven

G'day all of you.

I drive a 93 model R33 GTST sedan which I imported a couple of years ago.

I love the car but as my family gets bigger the car seems to get smaller, so a Stagea looks like the logical alternative.

Just looking at the specs, I think I'm after a series 2 (is that what they're called) with the NEO engine.

So can I ask you guys:

• Is there a significant difference in useable power between series 1 & series 2 cars
  • Is a Stagea much slower than a GTST because of the extra weight & AWD
  • Does the AWD system run RWD until it senses a loss of grip?
  • What is fuel consumption like - I know my Skyline is a thirsty beast
  • How have you gone with servicing & parts?
  • Overall would you recommend the Stagea experience?
  • What are the best & worst things about owning/driving a Stagea?

Thanks for taking the time to read this & I hope you'll help me out.

Maybe soon I can share the joys of the Stagea with you all.

Cheers  :)  - Sven

Hey Sven,

I dont think there is compliance available for the s2 yet (please correct me if I am wrong)

There would be a noticable power difference between the two series. 187kw v 206kw.

Yes they are a bit slower due to weight.

Pretty much all 33/34 parts fit (mech that is). Dont know of anyone stocking body parts etc.

Yes it does run the atessa system.

I get around 420-450km per tank.

Owning a Stagea is great. It is good for carrying stuff around, goes pretty well and loves to be modified. The best thing is scaring the pants of Commodore/falcon v8 drivers-they hate it. The only bad thing is that you realise (in most cases)that you are a father and have responsibilities and thus you need to be more responsible.

For $20-25K this is the only turbo 4wd wagon you should look at....... or buy a volvo (try hard stagea).

Hope this helps.

Ken

Hey Sven,

I dont think there is compliance available for the s2 yet (please correct me if I am wrong)

There would be a noticable power difference between the two series. 187kw v 206kw.

Yes they are a bit slower due to weight.

Pretty much all 33/34 parts fit (mech that is). Dont know of anyone stocking body parts etc.

Yes it does run the atessa system.

I get around 420-450km per tank.

Owning a Stagea is great. It is good for carrying stuff around, goes pretty well and loves to be modified. The best thing is scaring the pants of Commodore/falcon v8 drivers-they hate it. The only bad thing is that you realise (in most cases)that you are a father and have responsibilities and thus you need to be more responsible.

For $20-25K this is the only turbo 4wd wagon you should look at....... or buy a volvo (try hard stagea).

Hope this helps.

Ken

Amen.

Hey Ken thanks heaps for your response - most informative.

I don't know about series2 compliance either- I'm hearing different things from different people, but from what I've seen of the specs that would be the one to go for.

The fuel consumption figures you mentioned are significantly better than my R33, assuming you're doing city/suburban driving, so that's a positive.

My only other question is this - does your car have a big hump in the floor next to the transmission tunnel in front of the front passenger's seat?

My R33 does & my wife hates it - reckons it's impossible for her to get comfortable.

I dunno ... maybe that's just an excuse so we take her car!

Cheers - Sven

Hey Ken thanks heaps for your response - most informative.

I don't know about series2 compliance either- I'm hearing different things from different people, but from what I've seen of the specs that would be the one to go for.

The fuel consumption figures you mentioned are significantly better than my R33, assuming you're doing city/suburban driving, so that's a positive.

My only other question is this - does your car have a big hump in the floor next to the transmission tunnel in front of the front passenger's seat?

My R33 does & my wife hates it - reckons it's impossible for her to get comfortable.

I dunno ... maybe that's just an excuse so we take her car!

Cheers - Sven

The fuel consumption will change dramatically if you give it some foot - afr's drop to around 10's. It does have a hump right in front of the passenger seat. Just buy the car, see what she thinks and then if she doesnt like it find another one (wife, not car LOL).

Cheers,

ken

The fuel consumption will change dramatically if you give it some foot - afr's drop to around 10's. It does have a hump right in front of the passenger seat. Just buy the car, see what she thinks and then if she doesnt like it find another one (wife, not car LOL).  

Cheers,

ken

I like the way you think!

Tell me, can you import 2nd hand 15 year-old Japanese wives these days without needing to have them complied?

My wife's child anchorage points & side intrusion bars keep getting in the way.

I know you can get 2nd hand Japanese girls - but I dont think it would be wise to enforce the 15 year rule - I think it is against the law!

anchor points - hahahahahaha

Side intrusion bar - at least she doesnt have a central intrusion bar - ouch!

Can't say no to a fellow Stagian. Let me know when you'll be here we'll organise something. Are you bringing your car?

No mate, catching the big silver duck to Melbourne and then on the fezzy to tassy. Are you in Launseston (fark spelling? :headspin: ) or Hobart>?

Cheers,

Ken

No mate, catching the big silver duck to Melbourne and then on the fezzy to tassy. Are you in Launseston (fark spelling? :headspin: ) or Hobart>?

Cheers,

Ken

Neither. I'm from Smithton. A little town way up on the North West Coast. About 2.5 hours from Launny and about 5 hours from Hobart.