SAU Community

Need help! (service, fuel problems)

Informer

Well, I've just calculated that I'm getting about 250km on a full tank on my R32 GTR. Most of the driving is during traffic and below 100kmh (never been on a highway yet).

Is something wrong? I'm not pushing it hard, driving it leisurely. I have a feeling that its running rich or something needs replacing.

So, if I take it for service how do I ask to get it checked for this problem? i.e. My car is running a bit rich, how do I make it run a little more efficiently because I don't need the extra power or early boost for daily driving. Could someone guild me to how to ask this in Japanese? Thanks!

as a baseline figure, the city cycle for an unmodified r32 GTR should be around the 4.7km/l mark (according to driver magazine)*

* FD of the same era, according to driver, is around 5.6km/l - for those who are always pick on our fuel economy :(

Well, I've just calculated that I'm getting about 250km on a full tank on my R32 GTR.  Most of the driving is during traffic and below 100kmh (never been on a highway yet).  

Mate 250km on a full tank!...as Rezz suggested I'd check the CPU.

As 250km is as bad as mine on city driving and I've only got a 50L tank compared to 72L in a BNR32.

As a reference 10-15mode is 7.0km/L and 8.2km/L (after '93 model).

Hey thanks people.

My car's a late 91.

I can smell petrol in the cabin when I drive so something's going on there.

So I have to check the following :

- ECU (would I need to reflash this regardless of whether its stock or not?)

- O2 sensor

Thanks again.