SAU Community

R33 SII stock steering wheel

jpviper

Hey guys,

just wondering if anyone has seen and know what to do with the airbag warning light. I haven't changed my steering wheel quite yet but have tried disconnecting the horn and airbag connectors and connected them back while the battery is still connected.

Now the airbag warning light keeps flashing. Does this mean i have to reset it somehow by pulling the battery offline and online again??

Jpviper

You might want to take off your steering wheel, have alook there is a metal plate (that has yellow stickers on it) that has a cable that comes out of it, that should be the air bag sensor, mybe check if its plugged in. Apart from that I dont really know.

Another fix(not really a fix) take out your dash and unplug the air bag light! heeh

heres what you do.......make sure all the connectors are connected.....check your fuse and make sure it all sweet......then do this.......switch the ignition on and instantly push the drivers door interior light switch(the one located in the door jam) at least 7 times(this will reset the airbag lamp)

• 3 weeks later...

THanks guys! i'll give it a go!

i had a feeling it wasnt connection because everything was connected up properly.

I wonder which are the cables that represent the ground and positive for the horn? it seems they are mixed up in the two different plugs>>>

Jpviper