SAU Community

wheres everyone gone lately???

RB26VL

i've been here but i haven't been doing anything with the car, so nothing to post really. give me until after summernats, i'll have some nice pics to post up of some mods i've done

I'm still here, going to japan on friday to pack container and hopefully get an exhaust for the staj. I have a HKS split dump but there is no sense in putting it on if it gets choked down the pipe. Once all is done it is time for a dyno run. WIll post the sheet when it happens.

Ken

Cool, looks like everyone is getting some mods done soon. I'm keen to see how everyone goes.

I've got mine booked in on 17th Jan for the Unichip and boost controller to be installed and tuned (attempt two !!). Hopefully this time I've got the right ECU pin outs for the Stagea...

I 'think' I'm the first person to try a Unichip on a Stagea !! So fingers crossed :D

The only thing I need to do before it goes in for the install and tune is to get the car up on a hoist and make sure the 'get the car into rwd only mode' actually works. Otherwise I'll have to get them to pull the front drive shaft.

J

The Unichip has a boost control option (add on bit) that uses the factory solenoid to bleed the air. It's good and stable upto 13psi which is heaps enough for me. Not sure how much the boost control add on bit is cause I bought the Unichip and boost control second hand :D

It's pretty much tuned for the set up I have, but will need a check and quick tune on a dyno just to make sure :D

I'm just keen to get it in and see the results. Plus I'm dying to turn the boost up :)

J

The Unichip has a boost control option (add on bit) that uses the factory solenoid to bleed the air.  It's good and stable upto 13psi which is heaps enough for me.  Not sure how much the boost control add on bit is cause I bought the Unichip and boost control second hand :)

It's pretty much tuned for the set up I have, but will need a check and quick tune on a dyno just to make sure :)

I'm just keen to get it in and see the results.  Plus I'm dying to turn the boost up :)

J

Hi J make sure you test out the auto shift quality for us:cheers:

Hi J make sure you test out the auto shift quality for us:cheers:

Yepp, I'll give everyone a full run down when I get back from the workshop.

It's a bit scary being the first to try a Unichip on a Stagea, but I won't know if I don't try....

J

hey guys well my project is coming along nicely at the moment :D

finished the power steering bracket (moved forward 12mm) to bolt on the stock stagea pump

air con pump just about fits on but one of the pipes just touches the front turbo, but easily fixable with abit of tapping :)

clutch master cylinder and vacuum booster are now mounted in the firewall, and pedal box is ready to be bolted in (with a few mods to line up stock holes)

my sump is ready to go on the engine, just got a a set of hks s/s manifolds on the way so ill be putting them on before engine goes back in.

gearbox is being cleaned with a wire brush on the drill and what a bloody difference it makes :aroused:

stock stagea tailshaft looks to fit perfectly (the auto and gtr 5 speed are identical in length)

cooler is setup to mount, just gotta weld the brackets onto the front support bar

still waiting on a handbrake (trying to find one from skyline/silvia/etc)

luckily my front pipes from dump pipes to cat fit perfectly under the stagea (better fit than the vl) so that saves us heaps of pissing around :)

thats about it at the moment

Brad