SAU Community

Help my fan button is broken

RC33

Hi all just cruising along one day and went to turn the fan off and the button on the dash just spun around.It wasnt respondind to my command.It seems to of broke behind the button any ideas on how to fix or repair please help!!

hey dood.

i posted a reply to a similar thread a lil while ago...my off button broke off too and looked like it was constantly depressed - couldn't turn the climate control unit off.

take the unit out of the dash and take the face off the unit. you'll see that the button sits on 2 arms so that it sits suspended and flush with the climate control face. mine had snapped off both these arms. plastic welding them back on fixed it and it's been working for about 2 months now. might be the same deal with yours.

hope that helps :)

well you can start by taking the screws from behind the ashtray out so that you can pull off the gearstick surround. then you'll be able to access some more screws for the main section of the dash.

i'm pretty sure theres a guide on here for taking the dash out in the DIY section.

after that's done it's pretty straight forward to get the climate control unit out and face off. you'll then be able to see how the button assembly works. :)