SAU Community

APEXi ECV (Exhaust Control Valve)

Pulp

Hey all!

Wondering if anyones knows about or has installed one of these Apexi ECVs to their car?

Heard that they will quieten your exhaust to a factory note and in turn lessen power by a simple control within your cabin when ever you want.

Main reason I thought of doing this is cause I have an auto and when I'm cruising round at low speeds there is a real bad droning sound! I'd adjust it to a quieter setting and re-adjust when I need the power.

What do you guys think?

Quite interesting

Saw a ferarri in a magazine ( standard factory) which has a similar setup but better - driving below 5000 rpm you have full exhaust system - above that gas gets by-passed and you just have an open system! What a sound.

A mate has one in his silvia, I don't think it makes much difference to the overall volume though from what he said ... but then again with the size of his muffler, his car is probably already quieter than standard!

look in the trev mags they used to sell like a y peice that vents to atmo by operating cable or through the mufflers

Pre-war Rileys had them, they were quite effective apparently

Another option is to get a quieter exhaust.

I have a real quiet trust cat back system which i want to get rid of for a louder one. Maybe we can do a swap.

If you want we can arrange to meet somewhere and you can see the noise difference

I like that PS Revolution muffler!

I really like the loud sound of mine, just cause I drive around for work and the droning gets a bit annoying sometimes. But otherwise the sound is great! can't get rid of it :)

Unless I put in one of those PS ones!!

i am the guy mr psiko is talking about who has one. it makes no discernable difference with the mammoth muffler on there atm. i will take the muffler off and have a drive with it closed and see if its much quieter but at idle and revving the engine without the muffler is pretty loud even with it closed.

cut a long story short, yes i have one but i dont know if it works :)

I have one, not the type with the flanges, but the 80mm weld in line type.

Huge difference, my car is just plain rude with it open, when shut it is quiet enough that it wont wake the neighbours.

Power is cut because of back pressure, I can only get 0.6bar with it shut.

Good investment if your car is loud. If it drones, probably more a case of exhaust design.

They sell them for $350 at D1 Garage in SA.

what the hell? i want my zorst louder not softer ..... want a quiet exhaust i'll swap ya.

I have a auto with an aftermarket xhaust and it dont make a peep.