SAU Community

Moving to Cairns!

Lukas

If you wanna get one done on your way through. Stop in at Brissy and I can organise one through work. We get a third party in to write the RWC for us. He does a basic inspection but relies mostly on our extensive inspection of your vehicle *wink*.

Seeing as though it's an import and I drive one, my boss is a bit of a toss so he'll give it to me to inspect.

It'll give you an excuse to have a bit of a look around in brissy on your way up and as long as there are no major defects I can pretty much assure you of a pain free RWC.

Pm me if you are interested.

If you wanna get one done on your way through. Stop in at Brissy and I can organise one through work. We get a third party in to write the RWC for us. He does a basic inspection but relies mostly on our extensive inspection of your vehicle *wink*.

Seeing as though it's an import and I drive one, my boss is a bit of a toss so he'll give it to me to inspect.

It'll give you an excuse to have a bit of a look around in brissy on your way up and as long as there are no major defects I can pretty much assure you of a pain free RWC.

This option available to semi locals Dan? I'll be needing a RWC or 2 in the near future...

Wellcome to Cairns

I am a new import owner but a lot of blokes up here are very friendly with good advice, will probably see you around sometime. :P  :)  

Gary

Thanks Gary, hope to see you round too... Stagea hey? Cool!

for a (rwc) in just pull over one of the cars that has a prospool sticker (skyline,silvia) and ask for a bloke called stick thay will help..

Ta kid, does 55Nat work for Pro Spool? just reading his sig...

LOL, they are the best types of RWC... thanks heaps for the offer :D but unfortunately I will be running on pretty tight schedule and have to get up there for work. Thanks again!

I recommend running your Vic rego out till the end. You lose allot of money if you try and get a rebate through fees n shite.

As already mentioned if pulled over and asked how long you have been living in the state tell em less than 2 months. Then switch over the rego to Qld. I did this for 10months on Vic rego.

I agree with Shane.

keep your rego as it is, including your license.

Don't worry too much about the RWC coz Qld's laws are alot easier than Vic esp. if you have mods.

there are places here that are anti import (backwards types) and will tell you that you can't buy parts for them etc etc.

True, but the cost of the parts is significantly higher than most local cars.

A good example is coils :bs!:, plus the further you go north the more expensive they are ie freight.

mmmmmmmmmm........It's beautiful, Cairns is nice, enjoy your stay!

Thanks!

I recommend running your Vic rego out till the end. You lose allot of money if you try and get a rebate through fees n shite.

As already mentioned if pulled over and asked how long you have been living in the state tell em less than 2 months. Then switch over the rego to Qld. I did this for 10months on Vic rego.

I agree with Shane.

keep your rego as it is, including your license.

Don't worry too much about the RWC coz Qld's laws are alot easier than Vic esp. if you have mods.

Quote:

there are places here that are anti import (backwards types) and will tell you that you can't buy parts for them etc etc.  

True, but the cost of the parts is significantly higher than most local cars.

A good example is coils , plus the further you go north the more expensive they are ie freight.

Cool, I'll do that, just use up my VIC rego, then change over. The RWC should be fine (hopefully) I have put my car back to BOG STOCK now anyway, just to be sure.

Have any of you local guys/girls used Ray Hall Turbo Charging ?

When you arrive if you havn't already got a RWC see us at prospool we can give you a hand :)

Ray deals with Garrett turbo's and Autronic ECU's,

I got my GT3040 from ray.

:D

Nathan

When you arrive if you havn't already got a RWC see us at prospool we can give you a hand :)

Ray deals with Garrett turbo's and Autronic ECU's,

I got my GT3040 from ray.  

:D

Nathan

Excellent! Thanks heaps Nathan. :headspin:

• 1 month later...

OK... I made it in one piece! But I will never do it again... 3500 farking kilometers!!! Got a speeding fine on the Leichart HWY - 118 in a 100 KM zone, had not seen a car all day then over a hill comes a bush wacko QLD copper from Banana! hahahahaaa, what kind of name is Banana?!?!

If you want to really fu(k your duco up, then do it! Stone chips, bugs and all kinds of other nasty things bouncing off the car, but I spent all day yesterday cleaning her up and looks a treat again, just need the front bar resprayed.

Well, I've been here for three days now and have seen a black 180, a green soarer and a black soarer...

Will spend this week trying to find a workshop that can give me a roadworthy certificate, so I can transfer my rego over. I think I will get 'QLD - The Smart State' number plates... hahahah NOT! They are as bad as my VIC ones 'VIC - The Place To Be' NOT!!!

Anyway, would love to catch up with a few of the locals! :P

So Lukas what kind of work are you involved in? Do you have to find work in cairns?

I am a Real Estate agent. I don't have any work yet, but the real estate industry is pretty good up here. I am speaking to a couple of offices early next week. But open to an offers of other work (retail, sales, etc...) :cheers: