SAU Community

Importing issues...HELP

Hey guys,

Im importing an R32 GTR and is been sitting at the docks for about 2 weeks. Spoke with the guy whos helping me import it and we are waiting on "papers" from japan. Has anyone else had this problem? What papers are they and how long should it take and does anyone know why it would take so long and if theres anything i can do to speed it up? Sorry to be so vauge but im just worried about my investment :rofl:

Thanks 4 your help

Cheers James

Hmm I have just been confirmed that my GTR is on the Kiwi Breeze right now and will e landing in Brisbane in a week or so.

The documents you are talking about I think might be the proof of purchace , the date of when you actually paid for the vehicle and also how much & who etc. Plus you also need a printout from the Nissan Japan Fanufacturer's database of the data that goes with the vin number of your car.

This info is like build date, chassis number , Plant where built etc . These two documents need to be sent off to DOTARS for import approval first before the car gets on the boat. I mean you can take a chance and send the car before the approval comes back from DOTARS but if it lands here before your approval is signed off and they find out about it they can reject application for import.