SAU Community

Police WRX (chatswood area)

nissaner

The one at WSID last year was an STI and it do numerous 15 second passes with 2 different drivers. They unfortunatly were not giving it a redline launch instead they just took off as if you would from your driveway.

only fairfield police has them.. for driver education purposes, they were at drag combat last year spreading their message it was a STI though 2003

old news the thing still driving around crusing up T ways ect.....

fairfield police has them.. for driver education purposes :uh-huh: ;)

NXTIME, the one i've seen had the same decals... though its not the same car (it had the AA11AA number plate...)

I'm sure I saw the same car ur talking about on Fullers road the other day..

but didn't see the plate.. will keep an eye out next time

yeah... whats the go with cops driving manual cars??? i thought they were only allowed to drive autos coz of all the radio equipments and stuff... (as in no disruption from shifting gears in manual cars...)

That Rex does indeed belong to the Fairfield police, they use it to promote racing in a controlled environment at WSID.

If anyone actually remembers, this is not the first time the coppers have used a Rex, back in 1998 - 99, the cops from central (Sydney) had a couple of the rare 2-door MY-99 STI's. I remember there was a big story about the coppers wanted to use them for ages but they couldn't until the automatic was available - Coppers are not allowed to drive a manual vehicle.

Coppers are not allowed to drive a manual vehicle.

pitty you don't know what your talking about!!!!!!!

to drive a manual police vehicle you just need to do a 2 day manual certification at Police driver training centre at goulburn.