SAU Community

FS: motorola v70

7heavn

Motorola v70 in box with everything it's about 3months old still under warrenty and has only been used a couple of time it's in perfect condition. Bought as a present but I had a falling out with the person :) so it has to go. I paid $700 a week and half ago and am chasing $650ono.

email [email protected]

private message or just repley here

And I'm in Sydney

cheers

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Latest Posts

• I even asked ChatGPT 4 for you       The RPM limit for an RB25DET head with hydraulic lifters, 80lb valve springs, and new valve guides typically falls around 7,000 to 7,500 RPM. Here are some key points to consider: 1. **Hydraulic Lifters**: Hydraulic lifters are generally more limited in high-RPM performance compared to solid lifters due to potential issues with lifter pump-up, which can cause valve float. This often caps the RPM limit around 7,000 to 7,500 RPM. 2. **Valve Springs**: The 80lb valve springs are an upgrade over stock and provide better control at higher RPMs, but they are still somewhat constrained by the limitations of the hydraulic lifters. 3. **Valve Guides**: New valve guides can improve the stability and longevity of the valve train, allowing it to handle higher RPMs more reliably, but they do not significantly raise the RPM limit imposed by the hydraulic lifters. In summary, while the 80lb valve springs and new valve guides enhance the performance and reliability of the head, the use of hydraulic lifters is the main limiting factor, keeping the safe RPM ceiling in the 7,000 to 7,500 range. For higher RPM capabilities, converting to solid lifters would be necessary, along with further upgrades to the valve train.
    • FWIW the packing will have come from a muffler, not the cat; they have a metallic honeycomb (if the innards are still there)
    • If you can get access to the data for any R series GTR from the dyno settings or manufacturer, that will be close enough for all 4wd R series and Stagea, it is 99% the same
    • After recently being on a dyno, It seems I'm losing out on a fair bit of power with my RPM soft cut at 7600rpm and a gen2 6466. It's a fully Ferrea built S1 RB25 head with new hydraulic lifters. Can it safely be reved higher? If so, to what?  I'm thinking I can safety increase it to 7800RPM.