SAU Community

rb20det R31 aussie mod

frog_stompR31

help me i have a r32 motor its a 92 year mod

the problem i have it miss fires on No6 only on idle and is fine when reved passed 1750 rpm

i have so far added plugs and coil packs and even moved my old ones around no change

the loom piece between the coil packs and the igniter i replaced and no change i also got anothed igniter and no change

the car also seems to idle low

i also when to the efort of doing a comp test and all cylinders have the same 150

can some one help me out ...?

Are you certain it's just No6, I have a miss @ idle i haven't completely eliminated, but cleaning the AAC & AFM helped. There's a lot of debate on what to use on AFMs, electrical contact cleaner is safest but didn't do the job for me, many recommend Nulon Break Cleaner and I can add my endorsement too.

I used the contact cleaner give all the associated sensors' plugs and sockets a clean too. It's better but not perfect, I also thnk i need to further adjust the TPS.

A bad CAS can also cause lumpy idle apparently, i have two and swapping them around made no difference, but might be worth you looking at.

There's an AWFUL lot of threads and info. on bad idle on theres forums so go for a search and BIG read up.

i havent tryed a cas yet but ill look into it thanks but my afm is ok as i take off the connector and she dies out the motor will not run ...

not looking at going through all the shit threads etc to do so as i dont se many people withe this same problem yes its only on No6 at idle

• 4 weeks later...

still have same problem it misses on idle but i took it to a dyno day and made 139.8rwkw

can anyone help me out need to know what will stop it missing on idle

havent changed plugs only changes afew that looked dirty may need a new set and a cas ill try but will a blocked fule filter do this also cause it tthe rb25de one from my last half cut havent got a new one yet