SAU Community

boost failure

twoquik

Hey guys can anybody tell me why when my revs reach around

4000 rpm my acceleration fails for a moment, another thing that happens is when redlining at 7000 rpm i can hear a high pitch noise and then some shaking coming from the engine bay.

Please note: that the fuel tank was below empty and might not of been runing premium unleaded petrol.

Another thing that happened was when slowing down to traffic lights the engine stalled while still at around 20km/h.

Does anyone have any explanations for this, it was while test driving my new car. A r33 gts25t s2.

Thanks heaps fellas.

Use the search button 3rd from the right up top.

Search for surging or boost cut. I had this same problem.

Chances are you need new sparks plugs and / or new fuel filter. Check your timing.

Basically get a decent service done on your car.

shoot me an email hitnrn@hotmail if you want more help

Cheers,

Tim

PS if you want to rock up to the Sunny Coast on Sunday we can have a look at it for you.

Hey sorry I didn't get back to you twoquik.

Nothing is happening Sunday, just that I would be free on Sunday that's all. If you need a hand I can certainly help with changing plugs, fuel filter oil filter etc. I have a car ramp at my place so you can walk under the car and get a good look at things. Plus it make changin your oil a cinch.

Chances are you need new plugs and/or your timing set correctly.

Your timing really needs to be between 15-20 degrees. If you want to give me a buzz on 0409 156 922

Cheers,

Tim

Hey Tim, Thanks for the offer, my car is already at the mechanic at the moment though, but I would be interested in learning how to

change the filters one day, probably not this Sunday though, I will keep your number. Do you guys in Brisbane and the coast have regular meets or anything.

Ben

Just starting to organise things now. The Brissy boys have a lot more meets then the SC, if you go to the QLD section of the forum you can see Slip is organising a slidpan day for us :D Make sure you express your interest! *hint hint*

Yeah I would be happy to show you stuff, just let us know.

Hopefully your car will all be sorted soon. Just don't let the mech. rip you. Ask him exactly what he did, why he did etc. Many will charge you far too much.

Cheers,

Tim

Clearly someone should have told you not to ever boot the throttler when teh tank is below 1/4 full?? Doing so is asking for trouble mate... when it is below a 1/4 it is hard enough for the pump to suck fuel normally let alone sloshing around when you boot the crapper outa it and hit redline... this would explain also why you cut out, was because the pump coudln't pick up enough fuel to match for the amount of air coming in... you lucky you didn't blow it :S Be careful mate.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest GodFather

Do you have an aftermarket BOV on your skyline?

It's fairly common for it to cause intermittent stalling at low revs on the Skyline's.