SAU Community

Regular vs premium vs 98 octane

tigeryas

thanks for all your responses guys, obviously it seems that it affects turbo'd cars differently. And i guess there isnt much need to test it out on turbos cos lots of ppl on here have done that already. Cheers again :)

now that got me thinking again on another question, my mate with an S15 has had his octane booster bottle sitting on his shoe shelf for a while and i was wondering if it's any good and worth ganking it off him ;) ... do they work? are they worth it etc etc... i'm guessing it aint.

I didnt have to put this in the WA section but i wanted to see if any are good and if i can buy it here in WA... move it gently if you have to... :)

look like a job for myth busters

plus they did not take in to account how much weight in each car such as a lighter

person in one car and a heavier person in the next

BP 98 all the way..

I done a test with my mate a few years back with our RX7's both 12ATurbo Im unsure what the exact results where in the end but the 98 fuel gave about 15 more k's and the car ran about 25% smoother.

LoL Myth busters,man that shows funny.. :D

Remember, the standard RON in Japan is 101, where these cars are designed and intended for use. So even Ultimate, 98RON is lower that wat your standard computer is calculating to run on. I never have done, but would imagine running anything lower than the best available to us down here in aus would be an unhappy driving experience.