SAU Community

Oz vs. Japs  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I could easily hand a standard 350Z it's arse at the moment, and if you're putting it down to driver skill I could most probably beat it when my car was standard.

You come onto our forums and try and tell us a falcon is a track demon out of the box? I work on dirty old falcons and commodores everyday, and that has put a sour enough taste in my mouth to never own one.

So you can go elsewhere and preach to a bunch of meatheads how good your car is.... We gave you enough string and were very diplomatic about disregarding your opinion straight up because you drive a falcon. We have commodore drivers on this forums that we can respect each other opinions. But when you start talking crap - you have lost all credibility in my books.

Cheers

Sumo

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

well my opinion... i reakon jap cars look better... fell better inside... less common then fords and holdens... get more attention... yeah also said, can get any power with the right money... of course theres going to be a jap car thats gonna be better then yours... but you dont see them braging and baggin commies... well maybe... :P

also said above 1.8L 4cyl non turbo with 149KW... beat most of the 6 cyl commies...

if i had any ford or holden it would be the XR6T but i wouldnt want to be seen in it.

You come onto our forums and try and tell us a falcon is a track demon out of the box? I work on dirty old falcons and commodores everyday, and that has put a sour enough taste in my mouth to never own one.

So you can go elsewhere and preach to a bunch of meatheads how good your car is.... We gave you enough string and were very diplomatic about disregarding your opinion straight up because you drive a falcon. We have commodore drivers on this forums that we can respect each other opinions. But when you start talking crap - you have lost all credibility in my books.

Cheers

Sumo

Now I didn't see any point replying to your message but I just thought I 'd bring this up, you are in fact pregidous about what people you want to listen to depending on what car they drive. If I had myself a GTR I'm sure my credibility would last alot longer than you're giving me because I have something in common with you (that I would be a Japanese car enthusiast), but because I'm voicing my opinion about how a car behaves, how nice it is to drive, the plus sides of buying this car that is in fact built in Australia you wan't to hear nothing of it, because in your world nothing could ever rival your Japanese built cars. Plus, I don't really give two shits about my credibility in your books becuase all up you seem like a closed minded wanker. <_<

XR6T, your credibilities die in the arse when you open your mouth and claim"out of the box your XR6T will beat a 350z around a track. To reply to your comment, I am sure I have driven and own a few more car than you dare to dream of. My company currently runs a fleet of XR6T "due to resales figure". I have flog the living daylight out of a XR6T at qld raceway, and I have to say, I'm sorry the XR6T is a few seconds behind the 350Z in my hands and at the hands of a ex V8 supercar driver and a few other friends who has business association to our firm.

Personally if I were you, I wouldn't even open my mouth in regard to how great the XR6T against other sport car. Because, the moment you open your mouth regarding the obvious facts, you are simply diminishing your argument!! :D

you seem like a closed minded wanker.  <_<

Well look out Lowndsy, here comes Falcon XR6T to put you out of a job.

I don't mind reading TRUTHFUL information on other types of cars, but must your wang be that small you have to overly compensate on our forum for it? Take it elsewhere.

We haven't seen any proof that your glorified horse and cart has acctually made it to the end of a 400m run yet.

Sumo

Please Mr Xrt can you tell me how you recorded your 1000 nm of torque. If it was from the rear wheels of your car on a dyno then you are sadly mistaken. The "torque" figure you get from a dyno is not your RW torque in NM. Please do some investigation if this is what you are quoting.

Give him a break guys :)

The XR6T aren't bad, that much displacement with a turbo? whos needs engineering? ;)

I do have trouble beliving they can work thier way around a race track faster than a skyline. In a straight line, sure, its been done many times so i belive it.

Maybe your an awesome driver and you've got your car setup really well or that R33 GTR you beat around the track had problems or the driver didn't know how to drive? First time i went to the track in my GTR i got passed by a Ford Focus - because i was taking it mega easy, learning how my car handles and goes around a track.

Your comparing a 2 year old ford model car with up to 15+ year old cars (thats how old the GTR RB26DETT engine is)...

Also aussies still have a bit further to go with manufacturing tolerences... where holden and ford measure them in inches "close enough is good enough"

Don't belive me tho, see attachment :)

Having said that the XR6T is definatly value for money, if i needed 4 doors and more space then i'd be looking at one.

My mates wifes terrirtory has the preimum sound, sounds disgraceful, must of used $1 speakers instead of 50c ones. Hope thats not the same system in the XR6T, nothing preimum about it.

post-7973-1123583836.jpg

500hP GTR that won targa??? if that had 500hp then a standard one must have 400?

All that GTR had was a motec ecu, bigger muffler, suspension and roll cage... now that demands respect when you consider the calibre of cars and drivers that they beat (lambo's, porkas).

I too like the xr6T, but lets not get too carried away, its not even close to the refinement and quality of a GTR 32,33 and especially 34. standard they may not super quick, however slap on an exhaust and PFC and a 300rwkw xr6t would be dreaming to keep up

in reply to the XR6T with the lemon sticker...ive seen it many times and heard the story behind it...

but it doesnt mean a heall of a lot...any car manufacturer can make a lemon, and they do

1 guy bought a HSV GTS (top of the range HSV) and it had its engine REPLACED more than 1 time, and still couldnt get it right.

thats what happens with mass production....every now and then, there's gonna be a lemon, and most times it gets sorted out or replaced, but putting a sticker like that? you think the dealer is going to do their best to get your car working when they see you've put that on it?

having said all of the above, i'm sure jap cars are more refined than australian built 1's so dont go flaming me

Give him a break guys :P

The XR6T aren't bad, that much displacement with a turbo? whos needs engineering? :P

I do have trouble beliving they can work thier way around a race track faster than a skyline. In a straight line, sure, its been done many times so i belive it. 

Maybe your an awesome driver and you've got your car setup really well or that R33 GTR you beat around the track had problems or the driver didn't know how to drive? First time i went to the track in my GTR i got passed by a Ford Focus - because i was taking it mega easy, learning how my car handles and goes around a track.

Your comparing a 2 year old ford model car with up to 15+ year old cars (thats how old the GTR RB26DETT engine is)... 

Also aussies still have a bit further to go with manufacturing tolerences... where holden and ford measure them in inches "close enough is good enough"

Don't belive me tho, see attachment :P

Having said that the XR6T is definatly value for money, if i needed 4 doors and more space then i'd be looking at one.

My mates wifes terrirtory has the preimum sound, sounds disgraceful, must of used $1 speakers instead of 50c ones. Hope thats not the same system in the XR6T, nothing preimum about it.

post-7973-1123583836.jpg

Thanks mate, finally someone who's not just here to stir up shit. All of these facts you've pointed out could be quite true, I'd also like to point out the fact to everyone else that a standard XR6T does feel extremely doey hopping out of mine, let me get that cleared up. So if everyone on here thinks that for a 1700kg family car that does a low 14 sec 1/4 mile out of the box isn't worth spitting on, then good on them. And the guy that reckons he could beat Craig Lowndes in an XR6T if he was in a 350Z, I am truly speechless. If you think you can evenly match up a couple of cars with a professional driver in one and you in the other, and you yourself win! Haha, that shits me to tears, it honestly does. Who do you think you are? You only way you could win that race is not by winning, but by stopping him from finishing. You are absolutely appauling and as I was saying before, I don't know who you think you are but you're noone special to me and your stupid and ridiculous comments are just a bit to immature for OUR FORUMS.

XR6T, your credibilities die in the arse when you open your mouth and claim"out of the box your XR6T will beat a 350z around a track. To reply to your comment, I am sure I have driven and own a few more car than you dare to dream of. My company currently runs a fleet of XR6T "due to resales figure". I have flog the living daylight out of a XR6T at qld raceway, and I have to say, I'm sorry the XR6T is a few seconds behind the 350Z in my hands and at the hands of a ex V8 supercar driver and a few other friends who has business association to our firm.

Personally if I were you, I wouldn't even open my mouth in regard to how great the XR6T against other sport car. Because, the moment you open your mouth regarding the obvious facts, you are simply diminishing your argument!! :P

You make me sick wanker. Haha. I can't believe you just said you could beat a professional driver in two even cars. If you look out the window over there, there goes all your credibility, and my care factor. :P

umm.....

i think you may have mis-read it mate....twice

sumo said "look out lowndsey"....obvious sarcasm there...

then hungry6 said that even in the hands of a pro, the XR6T was slower than a 350z...he didnt say he was driving the 350z...i think he meant that no one could beat the time they got in a 350z, with an xr6t

Please Mr Xrt can you tell me how you recorded your 1000 nm of torque. If it was from the rear wheels of your car on a dyno then you are sadly mistaken. The "torque" figure you get from a dyno is not your RW torque in NM. Please do some investigation if this is what you are quoting.

Please don't patronise me. You have no idea... If anyone has any more information on a chassis dynamometer than I have already obtained, point me in the way of this phenomenal genius. That was the nicest way to put it, don't you worry about how I've obtained these power figures mate, I assure you I know what I'm doing. :P

No probs with other makes of cars, but this is a Skyline forum and u come here boasting about how good u and ur car is.

Don't expect to get a warm reception, especially if you don't really read what other people are posting and come back with some factual/level headed arguments.

Sure I can believe with 4L displacement and a large turbo that an XR6T is fast and can very fast with only a few mods in a straight line but I find it difficult to swallow that an XR6T is going to make a better track car than a GTR.

GTR's were designed as track racing cars from the get go, XR6T's are powerful family sedans with a few enhancements over a mundane family car. GTST/GTT are somewhere in between. In either case the build quality in my GTT exceeds that of a 98 falcon, and would not be far behind a honda.

An illiterate troll....

I am absolutely speechless that someone can miss the point by that far. Anyone who speaks up about their bullsh!t stories gets a "closed minded wanker" statement read. How about some proof that your bucket of bolts has even run a 1/4.

Sumo

An illiterate troll....

I am absolutely speechless that someone can miss the point by that far. Anyone who speaks up about their bullsh!t stories gets a "closed minded wanker" statement read. How about some proof that your bucket of bolts has even run a 1/4.

Sumo

What is this point you speak of? What have I missed? I don't need to prove anything to you, what is your problem? How are your childish statements and pointless arguments helping at all and how are you still on this forum? Who do you think you are and why are you arguing with me? How do you come to the conclusion that I'm bullshitting? And about what? :P I hate your character, and you are in fact a dick head. I can't understand how you are not banned from this forum because you are registered for the sole purpose of stirring up shit, so f**k you and don't worry about me replying to anything else you have to say that is negative, in bad taste or childish because it just makes me angry, and when that happens we don't have a very positive forum. :P

This thread is getting funnier by the day. Last post for me in this thread, so far it. This thread has gone from jap versus FORD xr6t. To discussion and proving the amazement of, how illiterate and moronic some ppls can be. LOL.

This thread is getting funnier by the day. Last post for me in this thread, so far it. This thread has gone from jap versus FORD xr6t. To discussion and proving the amazement of, how illiterate and moronic some ppls can be. LOL.

I don't really know what you mean by illiterate, because we are not really drawing pictures for each other to interpret, but by using the word moronic I think you just put your illiterate seal of approval on it mate, LOL. Seeya later Homer. :P

As everyone else does when they sign up to a SKYLINE forum, they wear the knees out in their trousers praying to read about falcons.

" After the release of Ford's first turbocharged car they couldn't have gone alot better."

Your exactly right, its not in their capacity to do any better. I quite welcome to my opinion d!ckhead, so you can leave it or lump it - but im well within my rights as a forum user to post what I like.

As for not liking my character, that is fine - it will not cut me up too badly. I like balanced discussion, but you talk shit.

Sumo

As everyone else does when they sign up to a SKYLINE forum, they wear the knees out in their trousers praying to read about falcons.

" After the release of Ford's first turbocharged car they couldn't have gone alot better."

Your exactly right, its not in their capacity to do any better. I quite welcome to my opinion d!ckhead, so you can leave it or lump it - but im well within my rights as a forum user to post what I like.

As for not liking my character, that is fine - it will not cut me up too badly. I like balanced discussion, but you talk shit.

Sumo

How exactly did you come to that conclusion? It intrigues me somewhat, what are you trying to tell us?