SAU Community

Sony Psp

Kaido_RR

hey,

Just wondering if anyone knows anything about the NEW Sony PSP, As i have seen them for sale (pre-order) for like $400; but i could pick one up today for like $250-$300, its a Jap NTSC one but i was reading that the games are not region lock which means i can still play games from australia (PAL).

Any info on it would be cool.

Cheers Michael

PSP was out in japan last year around Christmas, same time Nintendo DS came out. It's 20,000 yen in japan, which is, like you said Mikey, around $230-250 australian.

well if there's any comment i'd say it's better than the Nintendo DS... i think... i havent played the PSP but my sis has the DS (i dont like it that much =/ )

Everyone would have their own opinion on it mikey, read up some info yourself as I'm sure theres plenty of websites on it and make your own decision :)

adrian ;)

Edited by Adrian_perth

theres no ntsc sony psp thats bs. ive had one since january and its f**kin wicked. got ridge racer in japanese and played some crappy US game a few months ago before selling it(the game that is). PM me if u r in the city this week and ill prob let u check it out.

Yeh the PSP is good sh!t :(

I've had mine for the last few months and i use it all the time. I was lucky enough to get one with firmware version 1.0 which allows me to run homebrew applications and to play iso games off the memory stick. Version 1.50 will also run homebrew and there are rumours that v1.51 and v1.52 will soon be able to downgrade their firmware to v1.50 allowing you to run homebrew. I believe the Australian release PSP will come shipped with version 2.0 loaded which while having the added feature of a web browser, prevents you from running 'unauthorised' software, aka homebrew.

I hardly play any games on it... i have isos of many games but have yet to try them out. I mainly use the psp for music, video, photo viewing and homebrew apps. The homebrew scene for the PSP is very strong and there are many many new appz being released all the time which extend the psp's capabilities.

Check out: www.pspupdates.com

All in all, highly recommended, but if you can, try to get v1.5.