SAU Community

Where is the best place to by Apexi parts?

Peter_hii

Cheapest would be to buy direct from Japan :)

If you want it installed then just about any competent workshop can do it as Apexi parts are bolt-on's barr the stuff that needs tuning. But even PFC has base maps to get you from workshop to the tuners.

I don't think BEL workshop has a dyno.

What are you getting? Probably best to get a price from BEL as their prices usually includes fitting/installation.

Originally posted by VISHES

i've heard rumours that there will be a new 'online' shop that will be able to offer cheaper jap performance parts comparable to Nengun with quick turn around time :P

who who? :)

tell all :uh-huh:

Bel are very good. there price doesnt only include the parts, it includes labour, full tuning (done in 50rpm increments), and part. Also they offer warrenty. As well as you just drive in - drive out.

They are located in Homebush and are recommended. Although they dont have a dyno (as yet) this guy had his car dynoed after bel had tuned the power fc and they were lucky to pull 5-10hp more out of it. Its nice to have it on a fancy sheet. but the real dyno should be done on the street in real situations. not simulated.

i suppose if you could always buy the powerfc through.. (nengun) then install yourself, and then get it tuned by ...(Bel) they charge $200 for full tune of PowerFC. but of cause u wont have the parts warrente because it wasnt installed and fitted by Apexi Excel Shop.

Originally posted by judd

Bel are very good. there price doesnt only include the parts, it includes labour, full tuning (done in 50rpm increments), and part. Also they offer warrenty. As well as you just drive in - drive out.

They are located in Homebush and are recommended. Although they dont have a dyno (as yet) this guy had his car dynoed after bel had tuned the power fc and they were lucky to pull 5-10hp more out of it. Its nice to have it on a fancy sheet. but the real dyno should be done on the street in real situations. not simulated.

A dyno will also show you any problems that you have.

Road tune will not.

If I was to go to BEL and got a tune, I'd whack it on the dyno just to make sure everything was a-ok.

Do they use a A/F meter when road tuning?

i've heard rumours that there will be a new 'online' shop that will be able to offer cheaper jap performance parts comparable to Nengun with quick turn around time

You hear all the rumours don't you Linus :)

I can get anyone a powerFC for $1600 shipped brand new (at the moment only). However, not the R32/R33 GTR cos Apexi are out of stock till March.

Originally posted by judd

i suppose if you could always buy the powerfc through.. (nengun) then install yourself, and then get it tuned by ...(Bel) they charge $200 for full tune of PowerFC. but of cause u wont have the parts warrente because it wasnt installed and fitted by Apexi Excel Shop.

Isn't Apexi Excel shop only in USA?

I don't think it applies in Australia but correct me if I am wrong please. :)