SAU Community

Stagea 0-100km/hr

AMS

Hey guys,

Ok, I want to know the ACTUALL 0-100 times of an RS Four Stagea.

A few I have heard -

Autospeed - low 7's

Imports101 - 6.5

HPI - 8.54

Other - Will get beaten by a 3.8 commo

Which is true? :)

Thanks guys...This is buggin me

It would stick it to a commo though wont it?

well ive got a ecotec 3.8L v6 vs commodore and im comparision to the rb25det auto stagea it was the stagea by a fair margin, but the earlier v6 commos were shit compared to ecotec (125kw - 150kw)

though its hard to judge as the power delivery is totally different and turbos always feel faster i reckon cause they kick in harder and non-turbos are just linear.

but yes i'd back to stagea for sure, and i was keeping up with v8 vs commos (mainly due to perfect launching with auto) and that was only with cat back zorst and totally stock.

Hey guys,

Ok, I want to know the ACTUALL 0-100 times of an RS Four Stagea.

A few I have heard -

Autospeed - low 7's

Imports101 - 6.5

HPI - 8.54

Other - Will get beaten by a 3.8 commo

Which is true? ;)

Thanks guys...This is buggin me

Absolutely stock 170 kw (100 4wkw) and with 1800 kgs (1660kgs car + fuel + driver) to accelerate, they are not so fast (lows 15's if you are lucky). In the wet ours killed everything up to the speed limit, even manual SS utes had no chance. Boost up via the IEBC and a quick DFA tune (standard exhaust) and it holds out the SS ute up to the speed limit (80kph) in the dry. Then the exhaust chokes it.

That's the advantage of turbo car, for not a lot of money (less than $1500 in my case) you can kick some ass. By the time it has 200 4wkw ($3500 cost) it should see off most cars due to power, traction and the auto. If it doesn't do a mid 12 for the 1/4 I will be surprised.

:) cheers :D

Edited by Sydneykid

It would stick it to a commo though wont it?

Hey mate,

Might be able to help outa little in regards to my 1997 modified 2.5ltr turbo RS Four Stagea vs my 1995 VR 5.0litre modified BT1 Commodore (ex nsw police chaser, unbadged SS), both auto's and both weigh roughly the same.

The VR (see it in the for sale thread!) <_< , thru my 'dynobum' (see the modified Fireblade bike avatar!!) <_< , has around 210kw at the crank, up from 174kw. The Stagea has 141kw at the 4wheels, so I guestimate around the 190-200kw mark at the crank(?). ;) But they both feel very similar power-wise.

Mind you they are totally different in how they make that power; the V8 has the torque, low end grunt and top end run-on, whilst the Stagea 'boosts' its way thru the rpm zone. Both are very quick (in road-legal terms), but at this stage I reckon the modified V8 is a wheel in front on a 400m run, or until you hit the twisties.

Thing is, the awd Stagea is just such a much better (safer) car to drive. Has great stability and traction, and the jap technology is streets ahead of the rwd aussie V8 with all the trimmings.

The Stagea really doesnt feel as if it needs better brakes (the VR did, went the dba slotted discs), and the Stags suspension is softer but yet still more compliant than the VR BT1 police-spec FE2 suspension, with strut bar and new bushes.

Im sad I gotta sell the VR - we got the wagon as we've got the 2nd kid on the way plus a puppy dog for kid no.1, so we recently bought the Stagea off CoolPC in Qld. But I gotta say Im more than impressed with the Stagea, a top upgrade from the VR V8 unbadged SS, and I dont say that lightly.

With the highflowed turbo, a few more gadget boltons, worked suspension and brakes; I reckon the Stagea will be a top car to own in the long run. Now, anyone intrested in a V8 commy?

Brendan <_<

The Stagea has 141kw at the 4wheels, so I guestimate around the 190-200kw mark at the crank(?)

We have had a couple on the dyno and they make around 100 4wkw standard, so I reckon on around 70 kw losses through the drive train. Which is around 10 to 15 kw more losses than a standard auto R33GTST (ie; rwkw). Difficult to compare to a GTR as they are never standard when we see them. Plus their 206 kw, gentlemen's agreement limited, is a joke.

So 141 4wkw would be around 211 kw, maybe slightly more (2-3 kw) as the auto does soak up a little more as the kw's increase (ie; more heat in the transmission fluid).

;) cheers :)

We have had a couple on the dyno and they make around 100 4wkw standard, so I reckon on around 70 kw losses through the drive train.  Which is around 10 to 15 kw more losses than a standard auto R33GTST (ie; rwkw).  Difficult to compare to a GTR as they are never standard when we see them.  Plus their 206 kw, gentlemen's agreement limited, is a joke.

So 141 4wkw would be around 211 kw, maybe slightly more (2-3 kw) as the auto does soak up a little more as the kw's increase (ie; more heat in the transmission fluid).

;) cheers  :)

Cheers for that info. To tell the truth, I was thinking around that 200+kw mark (as per the ~70kw loss from crank to wheels), but was being conservative as Im certainly no Stagea expert; learning fast tho! Cheers!

Both the VR V8 and the Stagea feel VERY similar in terms of outright power. Ive owned the V8 for over 5yrs now so I can describe exaclty how it drives, but Ive had the Stagea for only 2months, so it is hard to describe how the Stagea drives. No doubt though the Stagea is the better car, and you just gotta love twin electric sunroofs!

Stagea RS Four; Do a few mods over the years, get it up to 200awkw and it'll end up being a quick 1/4mile street car, stuck in 'Stealth' mode. Plus with the 'look' of your Stagea, it'll be a huge head turner. :D

Brendan

Edited by bwilkeson

Thanks Guys! You have been very very helpful. :) I'm hoping to have all the mods I need to get 200atw's by around mid next year or so...So pretty much before I get my P's ;) I also want to get the car re-sprayed in black.

Sk - I know this has already been covered, but, for 200atw's, should I be using the GTT I/C or a GTR Cooler?