SAU Community

Aftermarket Bov In An R32

CATKICKER

Hi All,

I have been told conflicting stories and have not been able to find conclusive information.

I want to put an externally venting BOV on my R32 and before you ask, YES it is for the noise so don't tell me the stock one works fine and not to replace it.

Some say it wont work correctly and you will have problems with idle and others say they have one and don't have an issue (non plumb-back).

What I wan't to know for sure if you can have one without an issue, if so does it need to be a specific type and installed in a particular way/place?? (stock position or on the intercooler pipe while leaving the stock valve on)...

Any help would be great and I want to get whooshing ASAP :P

Thanks,

Todd

Firstly your gonna have to block up the return line, you can buy some bov's which partly vent to atmosphere and plumb back...

you can also buy a gadget called a HKS IDS or IDC or something like that which stablises the idle...

best place to have one is in the stock position, they work most effectively as close to the throttle body as possible, and there is less chance yo will have to do any fabrication.

Firstly your gonna have to block up the return line, you can buy some bov's which partly vent to atmosphere and plumb back...

you can also buy a gadget called a HKS IDS or IDC or something like that which stablises the idle...

best place to have one is in the stock position, they work most effectively as close to the throttle body as possible, and there is less chance yo will have to do any fabrication.

Or you could just get an after market that plums back as well like the Greddy S/RS and not have any problems.

Makes little difference to the sound and always going ot be easier to get the A/F ratios right and no idle problem.

But what Tim said is spot on if you want to go atmo BOV

Cheers B