SAU Community

Xenon Lights

RBLUV

bosimporting is where I got mine from. Michael is a champ - just PM him his nick is BATMBL - just let him know you're from SAU.

r32's use all sorts of bulbs - the one I installed in my flatmates car use H3/H3C's (same as cefiro). I've also heard of H1's being used to make sure you check before you order.

Just make sure you be careful with the high beams - the r32 high beams turn off the normal lights. This is NOT good for xenons. (I told my flatmate not to use his highbeams. He's happy).

You'll also be pleased to know silvia/skyline/cefiro projectors work very well with aftermarket kits and mine produce almost no glare and almost no hot spots - good ol' Nissan over-engineering.

Also - 4300k is the optimum colour - I use 6500k and that's just tingey blue.

I'm sacking the nissan projectors and retro-ing some Honda Euro HID projectors in... they're a bitch to do...

If anyone is interested, will post up some pics as I go.

Got the headlight apart at the moment, done some cutting of the euro HID projector and that's about it

This should probably go in DIY, but:

Headlight apart (sorry no glass pics):

RetroHID00131.JPG

Chrome headlight cover (being sprayed matte black) :D

RetroHID00121.JPG

Standard projector on left, Honda Euro on right (already cut an 'ear' off it)

RetroHID00141.JPG

As you can the Honda projector is shorter, and mounts further forward. Will have to fabricate a bracket for it to fit the standard adjusters... (in progress)

Cutting ears off Euro projector

RetroHID0001.JPG

RetroHID0009.JPG

RetroHID0002.JPG

RetroHID0004.JPG

Because the new projector sits so far forward in the assembly, i may have to cut the rear of the housing off and move it further back. If that's the case I'll plastic weld on a bit of PVC pipe with a press-fit lid on the back. Also, I need more diameter than the standard rear cap to get my fingers in to get the bulb out :)

RetroHID0006.JPG

I'm moving REALLY slow with this and probably won't get it done until xmas... so stay tuned

thats pretty cool about changing the pojector lights, but i can't be stuffed taking the time to do that

where does everyone buy their skyline light bulbs from? super cheap auto and repco don't have any that are the same as the jap ones.

i don't want to change it to hid or anything like that, i just want the brightest possible replacement bulbs, should i order them from nissan?

Nice work on the above. Good to see someone who will put in the time to try something new. Just becareful though because Xenon's are actually illegal here and so are modified lights that are not ADR approved. Not that any dumb cop is going to know the difference.

Edited by 3LIT3 FORS3

Nice work on the above. Good to see someone who will put in the time to try something new. Just becareful though because Xenon's are actually illegal here and so are modified lights that are not ADR approved. Not that any dumb cop is going to know the difference.

thanks elite - that's why I'm keeping them 'OEM' looking... by day no one would know any different except for the black surrounds instead of chrome :D

Update :cheers:

Inspiration struck... here is the old projector

RetroHID0015.JPG

Another view

RetroHID0017.JPG

disassembled

RetroHID0016.JPG

So i cut off the front lens side, so i can use the existing mount points, and just bond in the new projector :D

RetroHID0018.JPG

Trial fit :( is there nothing masking tape can't do??

RetroHID0021.JPG

back side

RetroHID0022.JPG

Trial fit again... stock you say...

RetroHID0024.JPG

Original...

RetroHID0026.JPG

New xenon trial fit ;)

RetroHID0025.JPG

Bored yet?? ...To be continued