SAU Community

Newcastle Skyline Owners - Cruise Time!

monkeykplunk

Hey there Newy guys (and hopefully girls)!

I've been seeing more and more of you around of late, so if theres some new people around introduce yourself here and help us plan another trip out and about.

I figure it's high time we had another cruise/meet-up since the last one was in April.

Also, its daylight savings and we can take advantage of this great whether and meet some of the newer owners around Newcastle these days.

So, we need:

Ideas on locations to cruise from/to

Dates that are good for the majority

And other stuff you can think of

I was thinking somewhere like Speers Point park or on the lake somewhere for meet-up thats good for photos.

And if I get off my arse and actually pay some money to the gods of SAU:NSW, then I may even do some actual planning and make it somewhat official and good. :D

yeah would be great man

even if that doesn't happen, if we get a decent enough number saying they wanna come you could prob come up and do a shoot for us :D

Not that I'd want you to feature my nugget though.... ha!

I'm not entirely sure now.

At the last one we had 15 at the meet-up, and about 10 of us went on the mini cruise.

But as I said, I've seen a lot more 'lines around lately that weren't here before, so I think if we can put some effort into organisation rather then something planned on the spur of the moment we may be able to draw a few more of these guys out of the woodwork and hopefully introduce some new people to SAU if they didn't know about it previously.

BTW, whilst I'm fairly adept at organising large events for people, I'd appreciate it greatly of any of the gods of SAU:NSW could let me know if theres any special things I need to be aware of.

And some help from one or two of you other Newy boys would be great too.

I would really like to get a decent amount of things happening for us up here, as everything else seems to go on south of the central coast.

first thing you would probably want to do if we are going to have a really big turn out would be to inform the police oif where we are going. Just common courtesy so nothing happens when a huge amount of cars suddenly show up some where :D And im sure they would appreciate us letting them now.

Awesome idea. Thanks to Ian for creating this thread.

But can i request that we leave it till after Dec 11th? As that is when i get my licence back. And well..... you guys just wouldnt have as much fun without me getting lost - making wrong turns - and undertaking the whole pack :)

If we could leave it till then - get a months orgnaisation happening wtc - Get a meetup and take BBQ to make it a really good FULL long day. I think thats what we lacked at teh last newy cruise to the Central Coast. A BBQ. We had fun but we needed somethign to centre around and we needed deck chairs too.

I'd like to meetup get to know the Sydney skyline guys/girls that are keen to travel up this way too. Once we get to fully know you, then i could give you a bell each time im in sydney to go for a cruise or whatever.

The idea of starting a cruise to a venue to have a BBQ, then cruise back to a city and lurk around inner city streets driving past hotspots sounds good to me. For example - how we went for teh highway cruise to teh Haven, then came back and went through Newcastle city then along teh Foreshore. It looked mad when you see the look of awe on all the foreshore commodore loosers ;)

Keep me informed with the events coming up guys. And if you do decide to go before 11th Dec, then ill bum a ride of Dean or Ian or whoever can handle my astonishingly bad navigational traits :P

-Dave.

Man you guys type long replies... but that's good, shows dedication and lots of effort in organizing.

Now come on, as I've said in the Sydney cruise-starter thread... less talk, more action!

hey guys.......... yeah im definately in just let me know... i wont have my car through december tho it goes in to get the interior done so if possible can we do before or after that ..... cheers.........

p.s. i kno i had a thread up but........ and you newy boys keen for a fri night cruise.. ive gotta do a formal on the 18th this months... thought we should congo line it in there.... more ht emerryer... pm me if interested...

anyway souns great cyas there

post-21804-1131229298.jpg

post-21804-1131229414.jpg

post-21804-1131229455.jpg

Awesome idea. Thanks to Ian for creating this thread.

But can i request that we leave it till after Dec 11th? As that is when i get my licence back. And well..... you guys just wouldnt have as much fun without me getting lost - making wrong turns - and undertaking the whole pack :P

Yeah, I was thinking around then Dave, just to give us enough time to organise a good spot and let some people have some time to figure out what they wanna do.

Plus, its way more likely to have a sunny day then, which means good light for photos

Hey all,

I Just thought i'd add my 2cents.

Just about 2 years ago I started going out with a girl who lives in Newcastle. For the first few months that I was heading up there I hardly EVER saw a GTR let alone even a GTST. But lately there's definitely been a big increase which is good to see..cos there's still plenty of bogan commo's up there etc (no offence intended).

I was at the meet up in April, but not in my car cos it was off the road. I met a few of you guys and without saying too much as to what car I had everyone was very willing to have a chat abut their cars and what not :P

So basically giving you guys a good rap and if im up that way when this meet up is on i'll come and say g'day..

Ease up a minute - i dont get it back untill the 11th of December. WHich happens to be a sunday. So i'd only be able to make it from that monday onwards. Eg: 19th/20th pre-xmas cruise would be needed :) We could wear santa hats or something completely gnarly. (Im thinkin of ideas for places to drive to the bbq too)

!!!!SHIT DAVE I THOUGHT YOU HAD IT BACK AGES AGO about time you sau newi members organise a cruz again!!! the dunnydores are taking over again... i personaly wouldnt tell the police (why) if everyone behaves like they have on most cruz's there wouldnt be a prob specialy when there is no more than 15 cars which is about right on a newi cruz and all the guy's are level headed .. only if i still had GRUNTN!! bugger when the date is set i might turn up on the bike to catch up with you guy's..........

yeah, well it would be good to have a chistmas cruise i think :) how does the 18th of dec sound? (sun) works ok for me. hmmmm....will give people plenty of time to organize to make it. ^_^

OK then - date set on 18th Decemeber.

Be good to see you again GRUNTN :)

I personally agree with not telling the police about the cruise. We aren't doing anything wrong.

So i don't see the justification of telling them that we are going to drive our cars... - it shouldn't matter.

Hopefully we get some clear weather for the day too. (Someone want to start a new thread with the info?)

-dave

Edited by d-d