SAU Community

Flying Fox

R33-Gts25t

They are a bit too dangerous to be unsupervised. They used to set em up for special events but havent seen one in a while. Just get a cable an old cair and apulley and find a good spot and bam, instant.

• Latest Posts

• Nah never got it sorted. I have clamped all the pistons fully back using g-clamps. Pressure bled, vacuum bled, tapped it with a mallet, sung to the gods of deceleration.....no difference. My only real conclusion is the brake pressure from the car is to much for the calliper.  So I would definitely not buy these callipers. Endless would be a better option especially if it doesn't have so much lightening done to the calliper by ways of material removal. As a side note the new D2 1 piece calliper does exactly the same thing as the Alcon. So there are other callipers that have the same issue. If anything the D2 was worse.
    • It all makes more sense when you realise that the A chassis are closer to the chassis than they are to the R chassis. The A was just an S with an RB, basically.
    • Did you get this sorted out? I'd be interested to hear what you think of this brake upgrade, I'm currently looking for a new setup. With the Yen on it's knees I'm tempted by an Endless kit at the moment.
    • Yeah you can pick them up for $1000 now, good condition road going ones for $3000. They handle OK for a FWD and the power to weight ratio's not too bad. Great little nugget to get into racing, and shitbox rallying etc.
    • back when I had my Ceffy (auto RB20DET) I remember the wiring being a mashup of R31 GTSR and S13, and not really R32. It all made sense when I realised the Ceffy started production in 88 and the Skyline in 89.   We ended up hand tracing a lot of it while trying to add an alarm/immobiliser etc.