SAU Community

Spare Key Cut

grandmasterb

Ok so im not sure if its true or not but i heard that there is a locksmith that can cut the factory Nissan imort key (eg: for a R32 GTS-t) without having to buy a blank key from Japan.

Anyone know if its true or had it done and where abouts?

Cheers B

You can buy the blanks from your good old local Nissan dealer. Nothing speacial about the keys, same as most locally delivered stuff. I brought as blank off Von Bibra's up he for my R33, cost not much more than $20. Then got it cut off the code number at the local locksmith.

lol i got a key cut in burnie for my car the other day R33 didnt cost much think it was 5 bux i think. just a standard key though.

BTW wogboy have you been to Rosebery L8ly i think i seen your car down there not so lnog ago.

Edited by drumstick29

lol i got a key cut in burnie for my car the other day R33 didnt cost much think it was 5 bux i think. just a standard key though.

BTW wogboy have you been to Rosebery L8ly i think i seen your car down there not so lnog ago.

Went through there a couple of months ago on the way to Strahan. Stopped and had a coffee. I went to school there.

Was your car parked out Sth Rosebery. Saw a R33 out that way.

Well so far i have had 3 keys cut at 3 different locksmiths and none of them work. All will go into the ignition but none will turn the car on.

Looks like im one of the unlucky ones and will have to pay $50 for a NISMO blank key :)

Cheers B

Well so far i have had 3 keys cut at 3 different locksmiths and none of them work.  All will go into the ignition but none will turn the car on.

Looks like im one of the unlucky ones and will have to pay $50 for a NISMO blank key :D

Cheers B

I noticed with my silvia keys (they obviously have been cut) they only work one way around, as in you put it in the barrel and it slides in fine but won't turn, take it out rotate it and put it back in and its fine!

also you barrel could be slogged out and isn't accepting a fresh cut key (how was the condition of the old one?)

I noticed with my silvia keys (they obviously have been cut) they only work one way around, as in you put it in the barrel and it slides in fine but won't turn, take it out rotate it and put it back in and its fine!

also you barrel could be slogged out and isn't accepting a fresh cut key (how was the condition of the old one?)

Yeah thats what i thought as well (more like hoping) but when Darren looked at the barrel he said it was fine, and that without the proper blank he wouldn't be able to match it up (or get it work).

So looks like if i loose my keys then im good and proper fooked :D