SAU Community

Darkest Legal Tint..

aquilius

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why doesnt any1 do there own tint? not had to do and u save alot $$$ lol taking tint off isnt a fun job sometimes but putting it on quick and easy

hey guys, i had an old bluebird wagon, had 20% on front and rear doors and the cargo was 5%, the first couple of nights were hard to see but, when lookig through tinted windows you have to look through the tint not at it... after a 5 years of driving with it, it was like driving with no tint. all the lights still looked glary, which wasnt the case the first few days hehe...

I just got mine done today at Tint-a-car 35% (Midnight Express) for $250 (since its a coupe), it doesn't look dark at all from the inside, but from the outside, it looks pretty dark, depending on which angle your looking at it.

• 2 weeks later...

i just got a quote for my tint at any percent i want for $170 from Mr.tint...... they are coming out this week to do it (ps: i don't know if this is a general price but this guy used to train me at Taekwondo a few years back so i dont know if hes giving it to me cheaper but it seems like he is

• 1 month later...
I just got mine done today at Tint-a-car 35% (Midnight Express) for $250 (since its a coupe), it doesn't look dark at all from the inside, but from the outside, it looks pretty dark, depending on which angle your looking at it.

any pics mate? everyone seems to be going to Tint-a-car , im booked with tint professors (quoted $70 for remove old tint and $260 for new BLACK Metal).

can anyone give me some reviews?

i just got a quote for my tint at any percent i want for $170 from Mr.tint...... they are coming out this week to do it (ps: i don't know if this is a general price but this guy used to train me at Taekwondo a few years back so i dont know if hes giving it to me cheaper but it seems like he is

is he still doing it? :)

I reckon you could easily go wrong with tinting your window if you didn't get the desire dark level , you just wont be happy.

Is it true that in Vic only the driver and passenger windows are the only ones need to be at legal level? can go as dark as i want on the rear and quarter?

I got 15% done on mine and was buy a mobile tinter who came to my house on a sunday to do it... cost $260 for it... Really good guy aswell

that looks awesome!! judging by the phone numbers on the factories there i'd say you aren't in Melbourne? Wish i could find someone here who would do 15% all round for that price!

All cars look good with tint i think. I have a white 32 with rear window and quarters at 5% and the door windows are 15%. Hard as f**k to reverse at night in the dark but usually there are lights so its ok or just stick ya head out the window. I got pulled over one time and cops said i didnt have a rear p on. And i said yes i do. And their are like nah mate you dont so i showed them that i did. Thats gonna be one of the biggest problems with dark tint on the rear but now i just stick the p on the outside of the car. I have never been told by cops that the tint is too dark. None of them have even comented it except the one that couldnt see the p but he said its fine as long as the p is on the outside.

5% is impossible to see through. 15% is pretty bloody hard to see through and thats the way i like it :P

All cars look good with tint i think. I have a white 32 with rear window and quarters at 5% and the door windows are 15%. Hard as f**k to reverse at night in the dark but usually there are lights so its ok or just stick ya head out the window. I got pulled over one time and cops said i didnt have a rear p on. And i said yes i do. And their are like nah mate you dont so i showed them that i did. Thats gonna be one of the biggest problems with dark tint on the rear but now i just stick the p on the outside of the car. I have never been told by cops that the tint is too dark. None of them have even comented it except the one that couldnt see the p but he said its fine as long as the p is on the outside.

5% is impossible to see through. 15% is pretty bloody hard to see through and thats the way i like it :P

im in the same boat as you, exactly in fact. with the P plate, did they say anything about it last time when you got pulled over?

and were you pulled over because of the tint being too dark?im getting a bit worried here :D , but none the less it looks good specially day time.

that looks good as.

How much did it set you back?

Rear tint came with the car. Believe it or not the p plate is actually on the window in that pic. Top right corner. And if you think its hard to see through the back in the pic its heaps harder now with the fronts done too. Ill try take some pics soon.

L.B. - The cop didnt care bout the tint at all, he just said that i cant have the p behind it (fair enough). supposed to be clearly visible. mine wasnt even slightly visible. I have been defected for everything before: ride height, boost controller, seering wheel, pod, cooler, low tread, and even for my wiring in the engine bay not being tied down every 30cm lol. But no one cares bout the tint.