SAU Community

Heat Sheild

Item: Heat Sheild for POD and uses factory snorkal, to suit R33 GTS-T

Item Condition: Brand New

Reason for Selling: Already made myself one

Price and Payment Conditions: $120 includes regualr postage within australia

Contact Details: PM me and take it from there

I will supply the 6 pop rivets needed to put this together and 2 screws for the lid (plus a couple of spares). All that is needed it a pop rivet gun and a screw driver to fit this.

Also i will send instructions to make this easier, but its straight foward.

NOTE: i have put a sticker on my heat sheild, but i will not be supplying them.

d8cdb833.jpg

pod.jpg

These are the 3 panels and lid. (there is a protective coat on the lid below, it just peels off)

panels.jpg

Edited by mr_crust

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi there is the heat shield which uses the factory snorkel still for sale??? If so im interested but want to know something. Do I need to drill in to the chassis of the car to install or it is like a full replacement of the factory airbox and you just screw it in to the factory position.

Sold my last one...can get more within the week if anyone still wants one.

as for the r33, it uses the factory snorkel.. and no this is no drilling required it uses the factory airbox screws, so its a total replacement to suit a pod filter

it doesnt fit a r32, as far as i know, but i've never seen an r32 engine bay

yeah their will be a gap if u dont have a snorkal, for me to make a new one up without a snorkal, means i have to make all new templates and measure it all up again, so im only making these ones.

they are the same price..the clear ones are sold out, ive got one left, which is pending payment, the rest are aliminium lids.

• 3 weeks later...

Does it make much of a sound difference to a stock GTST, ive herd by adding a pod u will her the turbo suck much louder, but the pods in a box so im askign from you personal experence does it make much of a sound difference.

And secondly does this mean if a cop pops the hood its rendered "legal" ???? cause the pod is boxed???

Thanks Michael

yup since its boxed, it is said to be legal..

You can still hear induction noise once its inclosed in the box..It will be even louder, once you finish your whole exhaust tho..

since this is a technically a box, it should be legal, ive never had an issue and the ones ive sold, ive never heard the msay they have had any issues.

once boxed it will be ever so slightly deeper in sound, but it mainly blocks of the heat and allows the pod to suck in cold clean air