SAU Community

Black 260rs In Qld - Yummaaaay :)

Brazen

Just saw this one... maybe old news but i hadnt searched autotrader in a while - love it in black :P

its at Brisbane Street Machines

speaking as someone who had a black car a few years ago - they look a lot better than they actually are! You FRY in the aussie sun....

Ian

Edited by ian

I've owned black and white cars.

I can't say one is hotter the other to be honest.

When its hot its hot, wind the windows up and turn the a/c on.

I suspect you haven't done long (ie 1000K+) driving on a hot sunny day (ie high 30's+). Black can get a lot hotter, certainly past the point of the AC being able to handle it...

Ian

I indeed have, I used to drive 1hr to travel 20km's in 45degree heat, engine temps up around 92-96degree's amb button temps stated 65 degree's. :P

Tinted windows is what made all the difference, prior the sun would burn you up, you could feel the cold air but the sun was just so damn hot, I now have 99% uv tint allround, no burny from the sun just icy air. :D

Edited by Cubes

Based on some tests we did a few years ago for a car manufacture, 60% of the heat transfer into the cabin of a vehicle comes via the windscreen. Add side and rear windows into that and the colour of the cabin roof becomes not so important. What colour the side, rear and bonnet are has very little, if any, bearing on the heat transfer into the cabin.

:rofl: cheers :rofl:

Edited by Sydneykid

Well I have been offered a sponsorship for window tinting (not that I need it) and was wondering, can I just get clear UV tint? Not an actuall darkening one?

Yes I have seen it in person, it is very very nice.

I have always loved black cars, just a personal preference, only problem is that 2 seconds after you wash it, it looks dirty, but still that black 260 is teh bomb!

I drive past it every day

I stopped and had a look at it last week to see how well the 34 wheels sit under guards, looks good

They want 50K for it

Couple of weeks ago a black 260rs with Masa GTR front sold in Japan at auction for 1.5mill yen which would be about 31k landed and complied, damn SEVS!