SAU Community

My R33 ECU ---> CHIPPED

R31Nismoid

Ooh extra injectors=trouble. Do yourself a favor and pull them off, if you need more fuel up the pressure and if it's still not enough get 6 higher flowing ones.

The problem with injectors b4 the throttle is that you don't know for sure if all 6 cylinders are getting an even amount of fuel, sure the exhaust analyser reads a nice 12:1 but that's a combination of all 6 going out the exhaust, piston no.6 could be way too lean if you know what I mean.

Originally posted by Jay95R33

R31Nizmoid - Cool, if Dr-Drift can work out how to re-map the R33 ones it'd be great.  But I think the write once 84 pin chips are about $70, and the re-writables are about $250 or so !!!

Unless your ECU daughterboard got rid of the 84 pin chip all together and uses a cheaper chip - now that would be cool..

J

I dunno. i don't think it's an 84 pin.

I think it had the same amount of pins as the chip that went into my R31 when i had it and that didn't have 84 little pins on it!

This one is re-writable... it has a sticky thing over the eraser bit so it can be erased... and it's a bit loose so it has been a few times before!

Originally posted by turbomad

Ooh extra injectors=trouble. Do yourself a favor and pull them off, if you need more fuel up the pressure and if it's still not enough get 6 higher flowing ones.

The extra injectors aren't connected up to anything... yet.

They are there, but aren't hooked up to anything.

There are extra sensors all over the engine bay, that means it was a aftermarket ECU at one stage.

Now just the chipped ECU though.

R31Nismoid out of interest how do you plan to access the maps on this chip???

Before buying my powerFC i looked at this sort of thing and steered away from it because there is no daughter board available with a PC interface for tuning the car.

Going onto the make up of the new ECU's the problem or so i am told is that the R32 ecu had a processor chip and a separate ROM (read only memory). This meant that you could easily pull the ROM out, reburn one with new map and try it or even emulate the rom with a separate processor interfaced to a pc through a RS232 interface.

NOW technology obviously progressed when you went from a R32 to R33 and the newer processors NOW come with BUILT in memory. In nissans case the Micro controller used i am guessing from a manufacturing point of view would have OTP (one time programmable) memory. This means that your ECU could no longer be chipped because it meant ripping out the processor aswell. In lamens terms the chip that was the brains of the car now also has the maps stored in it and they are burnt into it upon coming out of the chip manufacturers doors.

As a result i am still VERY interested in how you are going to program this ECU without a special interface program to talk to the chip, a cable etc.

Originally posted by R33NT

R31Nismoid out of interest how do you plan to access the maps on this chip???  

NOW technology obviously progressed when you went from a R32 to R33 and the newer processors NOW come with BUILT in memory. In nissans case the Micro controller used i am guessing from a manufacturing point of view would have OTP (one time programmable) memory. This means that your ECU could no longer be chipped because it meant ripping out the processor aswell. In lamens terms the chip that was the brains of the car now also has the maps stored in it and they are burnt into it upon coming out of the chip manufacturers doors.

The way that my ECU has been done it is such that it it like an R32 or R31 ECU... but the chip is located on a daughter board and is fully tuneable.

Dr_drift has the software to tune it and it's simply a matter of adjusting the map tuning and re-burning another chip.

Very easy.

So it's been split from the factory 'brains of the car with the maps' to separate sections.

I'll be at the dyno day (melb) and i can pull the cover off to show you, i also have to take my Exhaust sheild off to find out what Turbo i've got

:burnout: