SAU Community

Bigger Anti Roll Basrs Fro An R33 Gts-t?

Having taken my modded GTS-t out at Donington today various teethng troubles were highlighted. It needs MUCH heavier anti roll bars. I think I can use a GTR one at the rear, but a GTR front bar is a very different shape. Apart from Whitelin who else does a hefty front bar for an R33 GTS-t? I am probably going to need 27 to 30 mm diameter, assuming stock shape. Thanks. Does Nismo do anything?

A few tips, in no particular order;

1. There are solid and hollow bars, so the diameter itself is meaningless.

2. You can't use a 4wd front stabiliser bar on a 2wd. The subframe is in a different location (relative to the chassis) and is a different shape to accommodate the front drive shafts and diff.

3. You can use a 4wd rear stabiliser bar on a 2wd. The rear subframe is basically the same.

4. We use a Whiteline 27mm solid, adjustable front bar on the R32GTST race car, with 350lbs per inch front springs. If you are using higher rate springs (up to 450 lbs per inch) then a 24mm bar should do the job. If your front spring rates are higher than 450 lbs then you may well find you have to lower the spring rate to make the bar adjustablity effective for tuning.

5. We use a Whiteline 24mm solid, adjustable rear stabiliser bar on the R32GTST race car, with 200lbs per inch rear springs. If you are using higher rate springs (up to 300 lbs per inch) then a 22mm bar should do the job. If your rear spring rates are higher than 300 lbs then you may well find you have to lower the spring rate to make the bar adjustablity effective for tuning. In the wet we run the 22mm rear bar with the 200 lbs per inch springs.

If you decide that you want to go with Whiteline stabiliser bars, I can arrange it with them, they ship all over the world, every week.

Hope that helps

:ban: cheers :wacko:

PS; we have used basically that same set up on an R33GTST, the weight difference has a very minimal effect.

Edited by Sydneykid