SAU Community

Stagea & Families

Tangles

Very quickly, just a topic for Stag owners in regards to your family.

Why did you buy a Stagea?

Was it for something different?

Or due to having a growing family?

If so, how many kids have ya got, how old are they, and what do the kids think of the wagon?

To start off:

Ive got a wife, 2 kids and a dog, so needed a wagon for the space.

Eldest kiddie is 2.75yrs old, and loves HIS rear sunroof.

Youngest is 5.5weeks old and cant control his emotions as yet, so he hasnt commented on the car, nor has he left his mark, ie a little surprise (well, not yet anyways, although Im sure a barf or an accident in the pants aint too far away!).

Have YOU got kids.................?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i bought mine because i had a skyline, but wanted a wagon like my first car. don't have any family and don't plan for at least 5 years, i'm having too much fun in my stagea to drive it 'safely' with kids in it

Needed auto waggon or ute to tow the race car and fit stuff in for races.

Foulcan or Commondoor waggons/utes used previously.

Utes proved unsuitable, too easy to steal stuff from.

Wanted something better, different and not a truck like 4wd.

Had to cost similar to Foulcan or Commondoor waggons used previously.

When needed, to also carry 4 adults comfortably, my kids grew.

The old Foulcan waggon, used before the Stagea, hardly got driven, pretty much only on race weekends. The Stagea gets driven almost every day, that tells me I made the right choice.

:cheers: cheers :D

Why did you buy a Stagea?

Needed a Wagon for work, photography gear takes up a bit of space when u start adding in lights, camera's, prop's, etc.... Then add in a make up artist, assistant & model/s and your quickly running outta space.

Plus i wanted aircon & a few other luxuries the old daily didn't have.

Closest thing l have to kids is two dogs (and will be for at least 5yrs) ... but they love the space in the wagon part of the car!!

Edited by [ STAGEN ]

Couldn't fit new Son and all the gear required to look after him in the back of my old 300ZX.

Needed a station wagon, didn't want a Subaru (everyone has one in NZ) and didn't trust Mitsubishi Legnum's reliability. Falcon/Commadore = overpriced.

Bought the Stag as need a bigger car due to second baby due in next few weeks and the usual pram/stroller carrying space, shopping. We also like to do small road trips too so nice boot size will come in handy…

I have a 2 year old and he is infatuated with the sunroof especially.... he even harassed me to buy a hotwheels infinity wagon for the K-Mart because it looked like “mummies Nissan sagaaaaa”

Also one of big reason for buying the stag was because of its presence… it demands respect from other road goers…… and must say it does get the respect it deserves

Ian

Nice answers!

Love that about the 2year olds and the sunroof - SAME HERE! Coen loves 'HIS' sunroof and waves to ppl thru it.

Keep at it mums/dads - what do your kiddies think of the Stagea? How about the dogs, do they get pissed at being in the bacl with non-opening windows?

All the very best to each & every one of you,

Brendan (must be the opiate-based knee pain tablet making me all nice, soft and mellow)

I'd wanted an import for a while, after driving a toyota camry for a couple of years, then got to drive a soarer, and i was quite impressed with japanese build quality, i'd like to see a ford or holden still seem like brand new after 230,000km's (thats what the camry had done when i got rid of it).

Anyway, with the prospect of a family on the horizon i wasn't allowed to get a 2 door, i'd never heard of the Stagea, but saw it in the car yard and fell in love instantly :D

So with baby Chloe that arrived on 29/01/06 the Stag is gettin put to good use :cheers:

Edited by beastien

Definitely for something different, I have wanted a Skyline for a long time but never got there. Baby on board now, little girl, 7 months old and my partner, plus the dog. Also wasn't sure how the surfboards were going to fit in a Skyline and parking it at the beach while I am out in the water didn't seem like the best idea...

Stagea will be our second car (my car) we have a VS wagon so will be an interesting comparison although not entirely fair I guess.

Cheers

Luke

I am 33 and have a 4 1/2 yr old boy, a 2 yr girl, a wife and a 5M boat

Currently have a R33 GTST , VX Commadore wagon, 2000 mod Seca.

Need to sell the Skyline and the VX, and they are getting replaced by the new Stagea which will hopefully be here in about 4 weeks.

The Stagea will fit the whole family and still tow the boat (quickly to the boat ramp)

I have had the VX from new, now 4 1/2 yr old 100k and it keeps falling apart

I have had 14 jap cars and they have always lasted better than the Holden.

P.S. I have just agreed to buy another Stagea. More details soon. :O

Owned my r33 gtst for around 2 years, in that time it went from rock stock to mildly modded, (~180rwkw).

Because of two years of near constant flogging and myself not having one bit of mechanical sympathy, it was in need of some big costing repairs/upgrades, (gearbox, engine rebuild).

At the same time I was just about to become married and will have the need to be able to easily carry two adults and two children and all associated things (bags of clothes/food/etc) which the r33 wasnt not going to cut it.

It was a right place right time thing. I was able to trade in my flogged r33 and with some cash and I got a very modified Stagea which filled all the requirements that my wife wanted, and was a joy to drive and needed nothing done to it, modification wise.

As stated before I have two children, Daughter 7 and Son 4.

After the first time my daughter figured out how to open thier sunroof, it has now become a manditory requirement that she opens it whenever she can :)

They also like the leather seats and the little arm-rest in the middle, that way we can physically seperate them, for obvoius parental reasons :) Also my daughter has figured out that there are three different angles she can change the seat to, which everytime she feels it neccessary to adjust to each one to see what she is comfortable with.

All in all it is the perfect vehicle for our family. It is big and roomy inside. Very confortable and easy to drive. And it goes like the CLAPPAS!

I'm 28, tall, likes are long walks on the beach and watching sunsets whilst sipping pina coladas :lol: :O

Great comments, keep them coming.

Chat to your kiddies & find out what THEY like about YOUR Stagea.

Oh, If you can chat to your pets thats good for you, you've got a skill and should commercialize it!! lol

I guess this thread is a bit more community based, on the lines of 'getting to know you'

Brendan :O

Oh yeah, first time my daughter was in the car, she went to put down her window and she thought she broke it, because right at the end, it tilts, and in our old car (ford EA) the back windows would fall off the hinge and fall into the door and get stuck like that.

Took me a couple of mins to explain that they were supposed to do that :O

And we have a dog, cat, three kittens, two fish. But only the dog likes to come for rides and stays in the back, behind the cargo barrier :)

Meh well I kinda feel like the odd one out...

Most likely the only 16 year old with a Stagea in Australia

Obviously, no kids! :O

Ummm I bought it because I saw it once in an HPi mag and fell in love :D

Suits me down to the ground...

I bought the Stagea because I liked the look of them. It replaced a modded r32. Got a 33 4dr for the wife but there wasnt enough room for the pram and associated goodies. Sold the 33, gave her my wagon and bought the 260. The dog isnt allowed in my car ;)

Couldnt be happier. My daughter (17mths old) loves both of them. She giggles when she hears the induction noise, I love her very much.