SAU Community

Which Exhaust To Choose?

GTRnewbie

Hi guys, i'm in a dilemma here. I have 2 second hand exhaust system to choose from. First is a Ganador titanium wif 80mm piping and the other is a Trust TR Power Evolution wif 94mm piping. The difference is only AUD300 (Ganador being the more exp one). my current Nismo exhaust is 80mm but it has a big square restrictor kinda box.

Current mods are not extensive- apexi air filter, fcon vpro, boost controller, tomei fuel pump. Gonna keep the rest stock for next 1-2 years.

Which one should i choose? i'm just afraid the Trust one wud get me in some serious shit wif the cops.

Your opinion are much appreciated.

Hi guys, i'm in a dilemma here. I have 2 second hand exhaust system to choose from. First is a Ganador titanium wif 80mm piping and the other is a Trust TR Power Evolution wif 94mm piping. The difference is only AUD300 (Ganador being the more exp one). my current Nismo exhaust is 80mm but it has a big square restrictor kinda box.

Current mods are not extensive- apexi air filter, fcon vpro, boost controller, tomei fuel pump. Gonna keep the rest stock for next 1-2 years.

Which one should i choose? i'm just afraid the Trust one wud get me in some serious shit wif the cops.

Get the Trust and spend the money you saved on a decent hiflow cat, if you haven't already. Else its a compromise between noise and flow.

What's your power target? That tells you what size exhaust you will need. My rule of thumb;

Up to 250 rwkw = 3"

250 rwkw to 300 rwkw = 3.25"

300 rwkw to 400 rwk = 3.5"

Over 400 rwkw = 4"

:P cheers :)

What's your power target?  That tells you what size exhaust you will need.  My rule of thumb;

Up to 250 rwkw = 3"

250 rwkw to 300 rwkw = 3.25"

300 rwkw to 400 rwk = 3.5"

Over 400 rwkw = 4"

:P cheers :)

So say my target for now is 300 - 400 rwkw. If i change to to 4" piping, would it compromise my mid-range torque?

The intlet of the ganador muffler is relatively small (which is currently same size as my nismo which looks to me something like 2.5"!!) when compared to other mufflers in its class. This is the reason why i wanted to change my nismo exhaust. If i were to choose this ganador muffler, it wud be for its straight flow shape n its lightness (as opposed to the nismo's "s-shaped" piping n heaviness. My question is, is it worth it?

Thanks for your opinions again. very much appreciated.

Having too big an exhaust is NOT a problem on a turbo charged engine. As far as power goes anyway, although it might be a noise problem of course. Titanium tends to be noisier than stainless steel, it doesn't absorb the sound as much, the titanium seems to echo more.

We use titanium exhausts on the race cars for their light weight, a 4" titanium system is less than 1/4 the weight of a 4" stainless system. But they are expensive and very difficult to repair it they get damaged. Personally on a road car I would stick to steel.

:rofl: Cheers :D

My worry abt the 4" exhaust was the compromise in mid range torque. So since it wudnt be affected (apart fr the noise level) then i might as well get it then instead of the Ganador Titanium. Then at least when i'm ready for more power i dun haf to change my exhaust again.

Thanks!