SAU Community

The Sunny Coast Chat Post

Baysidebluebnr34

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he charges bcoz he's a qualified engineer, not just a mechanic. so that is why he demands a higher amount for his work, but atleast u know itll be done properly.

yes you would think that wouldnt you! Even an egg can install injectors without breaking the Orings, making it stream fuel out and all over your engine. a little vassoline doesnt go astray when fitting them! Tuning, well I wont get started there.

Maybe my car was the only one where I had to redo all his work and get it tuned again by someone else, but I doubt it!

Rhys

yes you would think that wouldnt you! Even an egg can install injectors without breaking the Orings, making it stream fuel out and all over your engine. a little vassoline doesnt go astray when fitting them! Tuning, well I wont get started there.

Maybe my car was the only one where I had to redo all his work and get it tuned again by someone else, but I doubt it!

Rhys

engineer doesnt mean he's a mechanic though does it.

but i know he does do mechanical work aswell, where installing stuff on cars, and rebuilding motors etc. oh well, not every1 has a 100% reputationdo they.

Bored... Anyone see SIC17 (scottys) red ute? What a mess, the poor bugger, saw it sitting in claytons towing yard at kunda, written off..

Also saw gabs evo9 sitting in there, must be a bad week with all the rain ect..

Anyone see the nutts cash last night involving the red ss ute at the plaza around 1:30 last night outside the national bank? I was driving past about 15 seconds after it happened. The driver and passenger did the bolt. Apparantly the guy had just bought the ute that week, cost him 44k and now its a mangled piece of shite. He managed to bounce off one power pole and make it accross the intersection with enough force to totaly flatten a traffic light, which was sparking on the ground. I had a nice ls1 engine cover that i nealy ran over as there was debris everywhere, but some emo kid stole it from the bushes where i had it, damn emo kids. The funny thing is we called the tow truck to get a spotters fee and they where there in about 60 seconds, yet the police station was 30 meters away from the crash and it took them over 10 mins to get there, useless.

Anyone go to QR on sunday to watch the drift? What a mad day! Spent 8 hours there, got sunburnt, ate 4 dagwood dogs, laughed at people lapping around the ouside of the track, met some drift drivers, was an excellent day.. well worth the trip down.

Yeah the lapping was hectik.. Specially the Dad in his excel with subs pounding and the 3 kids in the back :D

Soo many hot Ceffys everywhere..

Good laugh was when me and a mate where walking the pits and Robbie Bolger randomly trundles past us on his bike with blown rear tyre after one of his sets..

Awesome day.. Was great roaming the pits checking out the DA cars up close.. Cut when Buea Yates got knocked out early though.

I have only heard good things about Chapman’s. I was planning on taking my car then to finalise and get some power figures.

If your mate has the tools required and the knowledge I would road tune. That is what I am doing. Wideband o2, knock sensor datalogging, knock sensor mini microphone and datalogging on microtech. Will tune for 98oct, 98oct plus Martini super boost, 100oct and 100oct plus Martini super boost. Then when I am happy with it. Take it to the dyno and switch fuels and maps to see the difference and fine tune further :)

George May is the wolf distributor around here. He did a bit of a road tune on my car but basically said that it was too fast to do on the road (but wolf doesn’t have map tracer or datalogging). Then took it to Ron Hill’s and used their dyno and he tuned it. I wouldn’t go to Ron Hill’s as I didn’t think the dyno operator was very experienced.

Hope that helps :)

Thought I'd drag this one up again.. Now I've decided to stick with the Wolf. Apparently Chapmans have done a bit of work with Wolfs. What are their prices like. I think I'll give em a ring. Interested in any info on past experiences people have had.

It's either them or fork out $800 odd plus transport to get Matty at PITS to tune it.. :

Thought I'd drag this one up again.. Now I've decided to stick with the Wolf. Apparently Chapmans have done a bit of work with Wolfs. What are their prices like. I think I'll give em a ring. Interested in any info on past experiences people have had.

It's either them or fork out $800 odd plus transport to get Matty at PITS to tune it.. :

I'd spend the extra money and get the work done by a tuner who is one of the best in qld, matt spry. I've been in a few cars done by him now comared to other workshops and i'd have to say his tunes are the best.

ns.com killed two of my computers!!! Some self down loading virus.

My home PC is dead, and I've only just got my lap top at work, running. Down with NS, evil computer killing web site.

Edited by Nismo_Boy