SAU Community

Computer Jargon

Madaz

yeah quiet often im not there BUT im there now if it any conselation

zest is a legit website ive seen this advertised on GA forums u play COD2 much iceduck

i only got my copy this week

Nah mate.. I dun play it much at all.. I prefer the game play in bf2...

I suck at cod2

lol

anytime ur up for a game give me a yell.. [email protected]

COD2 isn't all that good peeps.

It plays to consoley for my likings. I'd say due to the fact it was developed on XBOX360 at the same time.

It's kinda like Deus Ex 2 was. It was developed for both pc and xbox and just was no-where near as good as the original.

The last truely really good FPS was without a doubt Chronicles of Riddick. So underated and even though it was an xbox game it was sooo damn good on PC.

And you should all listen to me cos i know more than any videogame store in the world about this stuff.

Not trying to toot my own horn but when it comes to games and computers i know far too much.

Still waiting on it, been a few years looks damn nice from what i saw of E3 fottage last year.

The current release is September this year. THQ (the publisher) have a copy now and are testing it and will make susgestions if they think anything needs to be changed. If it isn't out by september they then say it won't be till 2007 which would suck. I hope it comes out.

You wanna talk vapour ware look at Duke Nuken Forever.

Edited by kralster

i played the alpha version of it last year and ye its awsome fun but since then ive heard theve changed the engine to incorp. better physics

lol @ duke nuke

So anyone here getting a XBOX360?

I am already paid for it getting it midnight 22nd march at colonades. Gotta drive up from victor harbor. Spent over 1000 bucks on it.

Just putting my exhaust and dump pipe futher down the line.

I already got the premiere pack with PD0 and an extra controller but i'm picking up PGR3 and another game which i still haven't decided on.

No i don't :down: I have my parents 10 year old one so it won't do games the justice they deserve.

My computer is running pretty damn sweet at the moment so i'm not looking to upgrade till at least the end of the year so i'm happy with getting a 360. Even though i don't have an original xbox.

Ok guys its upgrade time for me :happy:

I have built my own pc in the past, but as we all know what you know now, is outdated yesterday. So i wanna break it down, and hear what you guys think would be the best parts to buy to build a computer (ie chip, mainboard, case, powersupply etc)

Im going to be using it as mainly a pc games machine so it will need a graphics card (preferably with tv out).

Ram is easy, but what brand etc? -i know around 2 gig is good.

Basically i want it to last a few years (3?) so overclocking will be good as well.

So tell me what parts you would use, why, and the costs of each item. (i will buy online to get parts cheaper if i have to)

Ignore operating systems for now, but xp will be running. and the cable net im on now too :P

What would you build??

Edited by Bl4cK32

Yeah I'd be interested in what CPU's people are upgrading to these days, havn't had to buy one for so long!

I've done everything else now, except the motherboard and CPU, so they are on the hitlist now. :happy:

newdesk2.jpg

Bl4cK32 uve asked the impossible question ??? BUDGET???

so ill go with a modest budget of about $2000 give or take (just for the box)

feel very privlidged this is pretty much my next PC (not that i need to upgrade yet but if u know enthusiats they allways need to upgrade :yes: )

Motherboard DFI CROSSFIRE LanParty 939 socket $309

CPU AMD Athlon 64 4000+ $519.00

CPU AMD Athlon64 X2 4200+ Dual Core $549.00

*note not sure on which cpu*

Powercolor X1900XTX 512MB & OCZ Platinum PC3200 2Gb Kit 2-3-2-5 Bundle $1349 **note i have this video card and it will run anything for the next 6-8 years **

Thermaltake VC2000BNS Mambo Mid-Tower $79

Antec TrueControl 2.0 550W ATX Power Supply $179

well i think thats about it for a nice PC little over 2g but sall good $2465 ** i priced it on the dearer CPU **

and for a monitor i would get this

Philips 200W6CS 20" Widescreen 16ms Silver $869

above system with monitor will set u back $3334

i hope to get a pc very close to this later this year keeping in mind i allready have outlayed $1000 for the gfx card

to keep things in perspective here is a cheaper PC ive sold a couple of ** note only the single price cause where i bought parts from did me a good price and only invoiced me for a total cost so i couldnt break it down **

platinum: thats a nice little setup there ;)

PCquote.1470.pdf

lol...well yer budget will help. I spose around what you are suggesting. I dont want the latest stuff that no-ones got software for yet, or sfa games will run off it. Just something thats new, with good software support and will play the games at better speeds than average :yes:

well with wot ive sugested it runs everything now and is also future proof as in its ready for 64bit Windows Vista®

as for games this gfx solution will run games @ there maximum settings for quiet sum time to come and will look very nice @ the monitors maximum resolution also

whilst it does seem like alot of money it will last 3-4 possibly 5 years depending on your gaming habits

I don't think a X1900 will play games for the next 6 to 8 years.

By that logic my old Voodoo2 card would still be going strong but thats hardly the case. You'll be able to play new games for around 4 years but you'll be turning the graphics down after 2 years or so.