SAU Community

Finally Tuned :d :d :d

sky80

finally got off my ass and got my car tuned :D

spent the whole day in Croydon Racing Development....i gotta say, im really happy, actually, more than happy with the result, even though i paid through the pee hole for it ($950 for the tune)...i would have been happy with 200atw, but first run got me 216...a few runs later, the cooler hose blew off, but after a little repairs and a hose clamp, dyno read 289rwkw, the guy (Jim, thank you) said that if i got him to dial in the cam gears, he would have gotten more than 300 and made it more drivable (wish i had more money)

but i guess the tune also signifies the end of the journey with the ceffy too...hope i can get a decent price for it :kiss:

post-11192-1141828771.jpg

but i guess the tune also signifies the end of the journey with the ceffy too...hope i can get a decent price for it

Hey congrats on the figure mang!! bout time. im sure youll get a good price for it.

Edited by PIMP_DAT

lag? haha..what's that, its pretty much instantaneous tourqe baby >_< i really wanna get the cam gears dialed in, bring full boost on 700rpm earlier, but it's no slouch now, so maybe just take a while to get used to it first, static objects become blurry and my BP goes up by 6000rpm in second, the speedo needle goes up at the same pace as the tacho, leaving me with sweaty palms and soiled undies :laugh:

rb26dett + n1 turbos + all other supporting hardware :)

ceffy nsw cruise anyone?

haha...yeah it's unbelievably slow :laugh: i get overtaken by grannies on electrical wheel chairs hahaha

25 are cool man >_< but if you bought my engine a few days ago, you would be driving around with a huge smile accross your face right now, like me -> :)

Edited by sky80

SHit 290kw thats dam good, what turbos you running again??? let me know if you get the gears dialed in always wanted to get some, to get the turbo on boost a little quicker (my car rb20 with hks2535) not exactly the same but will be interesting to see the result.

Any you selling it as well, well I come round and kick the tyres and take it for a spin.

nah dont think im gonna bother getting the gears dialed...if i do then i wont be selling it :P im running N1 turbos...would be very interested to see the what the cam gears do...i've always been curious about that...i'll see how i go with selling, if it doesnt sell, then i'll get it dialed :0

• 2 weeks later...
but first run got me 216...a few runs later, the cooler hose blew off, but after a little repairs and a hose clamp, dyno read 289rwkw,

DAMN... Nice result :( however....

WTF!! Where did the extra 73rwKWs come from? :( ? An extra 8 pounds of boost? Surely just reconnecting the IC piping didn't do that!... What tuning software? PFC, F CON V, SAFC + AVCR? How much boost? and what boost controller?

CRD are awesome tuners and my cefi will be taking the trip there too, but... could you explain your result abit further for me... :( Cheers.

216 was the first run after changing spark plugs, adjusting timing, fuel pressure and crank angle sensor :dry:

they did quite a few runs in it, went from 216 to 249 after a little playing, then 259, then 261 -> cooler hose, then 289.

there was a few runs in the middle where i didnt even look at it. but took a bit of time and a lot of keyboard bashing to get there

Edited by sky80

• 2 weeks later...

WTF DUDE!!!????

U sold it i assume?

What happened to the Ceffie NSW cruise????

Well i know who not to invite now..... TRAITOR :ermm:

Okay...re-check of list for people who are SOFT & sold their Cefiro...

1. Someonestolecc :D

2. Sky80 :(

3. Nissaner - Thanx for the reminder :happy:

4. Kursed

Anyways car looks sweet!! Question thou...that is some awesome flaring of the guards... Did you get it done...or arrived like that??

Ando

Edited by R33Deviat

dam i like, very clean, not normally a fan of those wheels, but they look shmick with those flared guards. Wouldn't happen to know which part of melb its going to? I hope i get to see it drivin around, is the new owner on sau?

yeah i know aye, tell me about it, got the car at end of 04, put in a huge wad of money, get it tuned, make huge power, and then go rid of it...i call that stupidity ;) havent even driven a full 5000km yet, not even enough for one service. by the time i got to canberra for the swap, it just made 2000km in my hands, and 1500 was done since the tune.

ando man, no one seemed interested in a cruise when i suggested it, your beast is in surgery, nissaner sold his car too...i miss her already, that rb26 pulled so hard, i miss it so much...the flares were done in japan somewhere. the rims are 17x9.5 +18mm offset, with room left for more :( i reckon ya could get 11's under the back with that offset, or 10s with 0 offset...zubi, you better put some mass amounts of dish on it man :)

i didnt sell it, actually swapped it with PIMP_DAT here :) now i got his s14a *waits for flaming*

i am now officially the enemy, going from the holy grail of nissan's RBness to the common sr20.

so does this mean i wont be allowed to come for a cruise next time then? :)

as yes PIMP_DAT used to own a ceffy from what i recall. i'm sure ur gonna miss it dude, thou can't believe ur downgradding to the sr, pics i seen of his s14a on NS thou do look nice.

Edited by skypy12

sky80 - Mate I have no need to flame u about moving to an SR...you will be flaming yourself when u go to press down on the accelarator and realise you have swapped your 'beast with power' for a 'Granny SR'......

*shows the palm* :D;)

Mate im sure if we can whip together a Cefiro day, the S14 is more than welcome to attend....just reliase if the bonnets pop open there may be an occurance of snickering loacted near yours........ ;)

*waits for flamage from Tom (someonestolecc) :laugh::mad: *

Nah all sweet dude! You gotta do what you gotta do. If it was a choice that had to be made....oh well!