SAU Community

final clarification for proper coilovers r34 non turbo 25gt

JC71

I just want to have final clarification before i order a set of coilovers for a 98 rwd er34 non turbo skyline, as i find no one that list a set that will fit a non turbo r34 25gt, only gtt or gtr and i know the botton connection is different as the gt have a eye and not the fork like gtt and gtr.

is it correct that any set for r33 gtst would be correct and fit a 98 er34 non turbo?

such as these ?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01AUHA3FY/ref=ox_sc_saved_image_1?smid=A16Q4TFOMCO1A&th=1

Edited by JC71

On 31/08/2023 at 9:42 PM, JC71 said:

I just want to have final clarification before i order a set of coilovers for a 98 rwd er34 non turbo skyline, as i find no one that list a set that will fit a non turbo r34 25gt, only gtt or gtr and i know the botton connection is different as the gt have a eye and not the fork like gtt and gtr.

is it correct that any set for r33 gtst would be correct and fit a 98 er34 non turbo?

such as these ?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01AUHA3FY/ref=ox_sc_saved_image_1?smid=A16Q4TFOMCO1A&th=1

Don't buy that brand, there are many reports of them bending/snapping.

TEIN Flex Z: VSK68-C1SS3

You can find other brands (depending on your location), but don't cheap out on something so vital to safety.

On 8/31/2023 at 4:07 PM, GTSBoy said:

Yes. It was final decades ago.

unfortunately, some of us in other countries have to wait 25 years to import these cars...

ok, r33 gtst compatible coilovers  for my R34 it is, I have been looking at: 

any experience with these?
Edited by JC71

You wouldn't bother with it on a R34 Non turbo.

They're _alright_.

You got to remember, AU/JPN has had a 25 year head start on R&D and Skylines in the USA are going to be even more niche, weird, and rare on the ground than they are here. Especially R34's which were always considerably the rarest of the bunch.

It'd be similar (identical exactly) to me looking for C5 Vette coilovers or mods in Australia.

... anyone wanna swap my V8 R34 for a Vette? Cmon do it.

• Like 1