SAU Community

Shipping From Japan

Hello,

I have been enquiring about the Do Luck BNR32 body kit from a company called BOOM Industries. I initially sent an email directly to Do Luck USA and they forwarded it to these guys. Now, I have been told I can get a bit of a discount on the kit (god knows why, but I ain complaining), but the shipping OMMFG the shipping.

They came back to me with a quote to ship the kit to Perth International Airport. The kit will be in a box with dimensions 195x68x86cm, so nearly 2 metres long. The shipping cost.... 98,000jpy >_<, thats about $1170 and thats only to the airport, I will have to get it delivered from there to a workshop or my house as well.

Does that seem like a lot to you?

Hello,

I have been enquiring about the Do Luck BNR32 body kit from a company called BOOM Industries. I initially sent an email directly to Do Luck USA and they forwarded it to these guys. Now, I have been told I can get a bit of a discount on the kit (god knows why, but I ain complaining), but the shipping OMMFG the shipping.

They came back to me with a quote to ship the kit to Perth International Airport. The kit will be in a box with dimensions 195x68x86cm, so nearly 2 metres long. The shipping cost.... 98,000jpy >_<, thats about $1170 and thats only to the airport, I will have to get it delivered from there to a workshop or my house as well.

Does that seem like a lot to you?

No sounds about right for Air. Try econo air or sea freight if you can afford the time. Helluva lot cheaper.

cheers

I just asked them (BOOM) to give me a price on freight to the airport, so I don't even know who they chose...

EDIT: I am yet to email them back, so I just want some ideas how I should reply. Can I tell them to quote using Econo Air?

for items like that, dont use EMS. Get it shipped by sea freight. Im guessing sea freight would be no more than 2-300 bucks ?

OK, thanks TommyK

I asked them about sea freight and it came to 38,000jpy ($453) so thats not too bad, but then I will be playing the waiting game...which is no biggy.

cheers