Parts laid out -

Photos_101.jpg

the body (fresh out the box unpainted still)-

Photos_100.jpg

close up of parts -

Photos_103.jpg

the instructions -

Photos_105.jpg

I bought some paints i didnt have so i can paint it soon (ive done models in the past).

The detail is pretty good, it has a full interior (dash etc.) and rubber wheels etc...i can paint it my choice of colour, but im going for the metallic black.

i'll post pics of the build. :drag:

I bought mine from Hobby Habit on Main Nth Road.

They have a large range of others (which ive got my eye on) including 33gtr's, Pennzoil Nizmo, Calsonic, 34's, 180's, gtst 33's, silvias (s13/s15). The damn paint costs about the same as the model was to buy, but if you have built some in the past it works out u only need a few colours at a time.

Go to the tamiya website to see the full catalogue.

Oh yer, Hobby Habbit have one i saw im getting next - The Homer (includes a small homer) :drag:

How much are they?

The model as you see it is about $34

If you dont have the paint, it becomes expensive, as it uses 18 different colours. I only had to buy a few colours as ive done previous models in the past, and the more kits u buy later, the less paint u need to buy.

Happy B'day. :)

Looks nice, when will you get around to putting all the bits together?

Not going to be like the 'real' R32 is it... You know.. that hks manifold sitting shed.... the bonnet and guards that are sitting in the shed.

hehehe lol

Happy B'day. :mellow:

i had a awsome model of a purple 34 gtr on my 21st bday cake that my mum got, its pretty detailed, and cost like $80 from some hobby shop, ill post pics when i get a chance :) (i tried 2 return it n get blue but they said no :happy: )

Nice present, looks nice. I thought I would let you know that I have a !/12 scale nizmo R32GTR model. It has rubber tyres, working steering, mesh grill, hinged doors,turbo's brake disc's and even metalic badges . I have been to lazy lately to even start to assmble. lol This one was $300 though and limited to a few hundred models. I got it for my birthday to.{two years ago}This one is mainly assemble with screws and springs and will take time to assemble {many hours} .Its about 375mm long. Got it from complete hobbies main north rd brahma lodge.

I have other models to finish first 1\32 A10 thuderbolt , 1\35 apache helicopter etc .

If you want a look, I might be able to post pic's or maybe catch up with ya so you can have a look.

Any way nice present! :happy:

Straightline Automotive on Port Road also has these Tamiya models, I think he has a couple of 32 GTRs down there at the moment. They sold like hot cakes at the last Extreme Horsepower show.

He also has some of the Initial D already built black 32 GTRs which are pretty hard to find if you can't be bothered building one up.

I just got a different brand 32 GTR that i am building up. Mine doesnt have an engine in it though :D

Here are some pics of a 2004 34 Nismo Race Car that i built last year

post-26183-1143538734.jpg

post-26183-1143538813.jpg

Edited by Whiplash

• 1 month later...

couple of update pics :)

Havent been working on it much lately....but meh...

(images attached for now as sau hosting is down atm) will edit later...

Engine bay still have brake stuff to go in, and painted.

Body is being sprayed and decals put on the exterior...as well as lights etc.

post-3692-1146401291.jpg

post-3692-1146401385.jpg

post-3692-1146401440.jpg

post-3692-1146401542.jpg

post-3692-1146401686.jpg

if u guys ever see a R33 4door pls pls pls grab it for me and i will re-emburse u :)

and possibly pay u to build it i only want it for the design sheet inside

don't think there is one of a 33 4 door. I know there is a series 1 33 GTST and all the GTR's from 32 - 34. will keep an eye out though in the other forums :(